Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭ariana`

Blingy wrote: »
    Ariana exhaustion is definitely enough of a reason to be signed off for a couple of days. Happened to me recently. Not sleeping well at night, bump and back really sore, heartburn. I was a walking zombie and doc said I just needed a few days to rest and recover. It was well worth it I just spent the days resting and sleeping and felt so much better after it. Don't know how you manage with a toddler as well.

Thanks for that Blingy. I might just have to make an appointment with my GP. Hubby is telling me to hold off that i've still 3 weeks left after this one and i might need a couple of days off in 2 weeks time but to be honest i'm starting to think that i'll be gone deranged with another 2 weeks of this :(

Allirog wrote: »
    Thanks ariana. I feel better now that it's a weight off my shoulders. It's weird knowing though that I'm off for potentially the next 8-10 months :)

I agree that exhaustion is enough to take some time out. How did ante natal appt go yesterday? Could you go see your GP? I'd absolutely be looking for some rest time. The RLS just sounds horrendous.

Hi Allirog. Antenatal was fine. BP/Urine all grand. And baby's heart-beat was perfect. I did tell her about the tiredness and she said i needed a few days off, she suggested i make an appointment with the GP.

The RLS is mental. I had it last time but not as bad. It seems to start anytime i feel confined if that makes sense? Last night hubby lay down on the couch with his head on my lap against the bump (he was looking to be kicked in the head obviously :pac:) but as soon as he lay on my the RLS started, it's like it's a reaction to me feeling trapped? And the same when i get into bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

If you need it then take it. Yea you've not long left but taking time now might help you get through the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Exhaustion is definitely a reason to be signed off. You have two kids already and you'll be no use to anyone for labour and afterwards if you're that tired. Your recovery will be so much longer if you feel like this now.

I only had the growth scan because of the reduced movement, it is nice to have some idea of the size anyway. I feel a lot more reassured!

Woshy how is the movement since? I wish my baby would get out from under my ribs, it's a killer :o

How's everyone doing? Are we all packed and ready? I bought my last few bits for the bags yesterday on my lunch break and closed the zip on the bag last night :) Of course i'm sure i'll open it again to check it a million times but it felt like a milestone moment :D

I wonder how Angeldelight is doing, think she's due this week?

• Advertisement

Movement is good now! Just really tired, and I just had a massive row with my toddler. The first time I've properly been really cross at his behaviour and lost my temper. Feel like a terrible mama :( I'm in terrible form today!

Angeldelight had her baba last night! I'm sure she'll be along soon to fill us in :)

Great about the bag, it must feel very real now. We really are getting there

Oh no Woshy i hate that. I'm mortified to admit this but i actually told my 5yo to "shut up" last night :o I realised straight away how wrong it was and i sat down with him and apologised. He was wrecking my head asking a million questions, and I was trying to get the 2yo to cooperate with having his teeth brushed (always a nightmare) and i was shattered of course. But really there was no excuse :o So i know how you feel (and i bet your row was justified, mine wasn't), it's a horrible feeling but you're not a terrible mama, you're a great mama giving him a little sister! It's hard going right now but he'll forget all this.

Oh that's great news about angeldelight. Delighted to hear :)

Oh Ariaba, that is tough. They know how to push your buttons don't they? I try and remember we're only human! Today was the first time I properly knew he was being naughty on purpose, not just being a baby who doesn't understand what's going on. I've just put him down for an early nap because he's been in terrible form all morning after the naughtiness and I want to go out with him to a friend's this afternoon so he can have a play date. He's in there chatting to himself so I'm leaving him until he drops off!

We have my parents cat staying with us because they're on holiday and it's like having another baby in the house! He's very loud (whereas our cat would rarely make a sound) so he had me up at 5.30 meowing at me for attention.

Woshy wrote: »
    Oh Ariaba, that is tough. They know how to push your buttons don't they? I try and remember we're only human! Today was the first time I properly knew he was being naughty on purpose, not just being a baby who doesn't understand what's going on. I've just put him down for an early nap because he's been in terrible form all morning after the naughtiness and I want to go out with him to a friend's this afternoon so he can have a play date. He's in there chatting to himself so I'm leaving him until he drops off!

We have my parents cat staying with us because they're on holiday and it's like having another baby in the house! He's very loud (whereas our cat would rarely make a sound) so he had me up at 5.30 meowing at me for attention.

Your little boy is around 22 months now right? They def know how to test boundaries by then and getting a bit cross with him is no harm so he can learn the behaviour you expect from him.

Hope he sleeps soon and you & he have a lovely afternoon play date with your friend, sounds like you need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Girls I'm just wondering how long you normally wait to hear back from blood tests at the Coombe. I had a full blood count taken last Friday but haven't had any results back. The doctor was checking my iron level as I'm just completely wiped out at the moment. I've a midwife appointment next Tuesday so I'm sure she will have the results handy but I just wondered if it was normal to wait almost a week to hear anything...

• Advertisement

Yes Ariana, he's 22 months so I definitely think he's getting to that age where he knows what he's doing! He did fall asleep and then was in great form in the afternoon so all was ok. It was just a bad morning and tiredness always makes things worse, being up from 5am puking and other things just didn't help! I've only ever put him in time out once before when he bit me but I think I may need to have a think about how we handle bad behaviour like this morning!

Fi - I'm not sure about the Coombe but I know in Holles St you only hear about blood test results if there is a problem with them. Maybe that's the case here?

Ariana how you feeling now? Did you get some time off?

Woshy, hope you feel a bit better about yesterday. You're certainly not a bad mam by any means!!

Fi, I'd agree. I think it's only if there's something that needs follow up that they'd contact you.

I was admitted back into the hospital yesterday. High BP and protein so fingers crossed I get home tomorrow. They are starting me on BP meds so here's hoping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    Girls I'm just wondering how long you normally wait to hear back from blood tests at the Coombe. I had a full blood count taken last Friday but haven't had any results back. The doctor was checking my iron level as I'm just completely wiped out at the moment. I've a midwife appointment next Tuesday so I'm sure she will have the results handy but I just wondered if it was normal to wait almost a week to hear anything...

Unless it's really abnormal they wont call you about it, just talk about it at the next visit. Are you on an iron supplement already? Spa Tone is like taking water, does absolutely nothing. Galfer is the best and Ferrograd C is the next best.

Allirog wrote: »
    Ariana how you feeling now? Did you get some time off?

Woshy, hope you feel a bit better about yesterday. You're certainly not a bad mam by any means!!

Fi, I'd agree. I think it's only if there's something that needs follow up that they'd contact you.

I was admitted back into the hospital yesterday. High BP and protein so fingers crossed I get home tomorrow. They are starting me on BP meds so here's hoping!!

Hi Allirog, i didn't get time off in the end, i've struggled on LOL!! But i've arranged a half morning in the middle of next week so i'll be off when the kids are in school/playschool. That'll get me through next week along with being off on Monday for the Bank Hol. And then if i'm still not sleeping i'll definitely take some sick days in the last 2 weeks. I've actually slept a little bit better the past 2 nights, i think sheer exhaustion just kicked in.

You poor thing being admitted. I hope they can sort out the BP with meds and you can get home for the weekend.

Woshy glad you'd a nice afternoon. Def having a plan in place is good for discipline, saves you just losing the rag and feeling bad afterwards, also your child knows what to expect when you & dad are consistent in how you handle things. They learn so fast at that age, it's a great stage to catch anything and knock it on the head. I often just use the "mammy is so disappointed/sad that you did x" card with my toddler, he's a few months older than your lad but it works a treat. And then i keep the "time out" for more serious crimes so that it's not over-used/abused.

He was at it again on Friday morning too, my husband was home from work and witnessed it which was good - I think he thought I was overreacting! He's been very good since then. Definitely think we need to figure out a plan for dealing with naughtiness!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend - I was v sick yesterday, puking and generally feeling like crap so we had a family duvet day. It was lovely! Luckily the weather suited us. If it had been sunny we would have felt bad staying in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yep as Woshy said I had my little girl on Wednesday night - she's absolutely fab! I could genuinely just look at her all day!

Currently waiting on consultant to see can I go home today... Of course it's the one day she hasn't been in bright and early and I'm dying to get out of here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Oh it'd be lovely if you did get home today angeldelight!

Woshy, I've been having a couple of behaviour incidents the last few weeks too. Just trying to be firm and consistent with my approach. Using distraction where possible for tantrums and she's also being purposely rough with me at times. Yesterday she pinched me on purpose, not during a rough and tumble game. I told her firmly that it hurt and made very sad and moved away from her and did something else for a couple of minutes. She definitely knew she did something wrong as she was over being all loving and rubbing my leg gently shortly afterwards. At nearly 18 months I'm not sure she's quite ready for timeout. Just hoping to get on top of it before the new baby arrives!

I ended up being admitted on Thursday and was discharged yesterday with BP medication so I'm glad to have that angle sorted out! Was getting very agitated. Went to bed last night at 9.30 and woke at 2am and 7am for the loo and then fully awake since 9.20! Nice! I missed my bed!

Massive congrats angeldelight! So happy for you :)

Woshy hope you are feeling less sick today. You really are having a tough time of it you poor thing!! And great your hubby got to see a tantrum too... I wonder do your toddlers know what's coming and fear the lack of attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

36 weeks complete now. The final countdown has well and truly begun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

WittyName1 wrote: »
    36 weeks complete now. The final countdown has well and truly begun :)

Same here :)
    All seems a bit surreal. The last few months have flown by!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

Blingy wrote: »
    Same here :)
    All seems a bit surreal. The last few months have flown by!

I completely agree. The time has gone so so fast.
    It's still hard to believe there are only a few short weeks left.

No idea Allirog! I really don't think he understands there's a baby coming so I think it's just him getting older. He had us up very early this morning so I'm practicing for the tiredness that is coming :) still sick today so having a lazy weekend, my husband is encouraging me to rest as much as possible anyway.

It is exciting girls! I'm 36+2 so 3 weeks and 4 days until my due date (I'm not counting today!). I like to round down and say about three weeks to keep me sane. I'll be so glad to get this baby out of me at this stage, I'm tired of feeling sick and tired all the time!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I did! I got discharged on Saturday and we stopped into Liffey valley for a bite to eat and got some baby clothes in boots! Then we did a whole load of nothing else really. Back in the hospital now for a check up so here's hoping I'm not kept again. I really am feeling like part of the furniture! :)

Good luck today Allirog. Hope you get home again afterwards. Are you feeling better since starting the BP meds?

I had a tiring weekend. Sat & Sun were hectic days visiting. Mon was a bit quieter and i did manage some R&R in the afternoon after a morning spent cooking 4 lasagnes for the freezer but feeling shattered today all the same. Nearly 36 weeks now it's creeping up thank god :)

Good work cooking for the freezer - I'm impressed!

I had a hospital appointment this morning, all is well and baby's head is well down so hopefully will be arriving soon and not late :)

I think I need to source a freezer so I can batch cook! I don't have a big, chest freezer.

Happy days woshy, hope that baby comes soon enough! Although I am kinda jealous :p

Ariana fair play to ya. You must be exhausted! I did nothing and I'm still shattered :D

Good work cooking for the freezer - I'm impressed!

I had a hospital appointment this morning, all is well and baby's head is well down so hopefully will be arriving soon and not late :)

Thanks Woshy. I was making 1 for yesterday's dinner anyhow so it was actually very little extra work but yeah i'm delighted to finally have something in the freezer for those early days, i know i'll be glad of it.

That's great that baby's head is well down. I'm dying for my next apt to find out where we're at. It was head down 3 weeks ago but i'm convinced by the movement now that it's transverse, hoping i'm wrong :(

What is it about the movements that makes you think the baba is transverse? I'd imagine it would be unusual for baba go into that position at this stage. I can really feel the baba is well down, so much pressure! Also when she gets hiccups I can feel them in my lady parts!! :D

What is it about the movements that makes you think the baba is transverse? I'd imagine it would be unusual for baba go into that position at this stage. I can really feel the baba is well down, so much pressure! Also when she gets hiccups I can feel them in my lady parts!! :D
    Hi Woshy. The movements are very very painful which they never were on the other 2 and definitely not at this stage. And it's all at the sides, near my back and the centre of the bump belly button area. I haven't a clue to be honest, i just remember with the others being head down for the whole of the 3rd trimester and it felt very different, they were under my ribs a bit and then there was the pressure down below that's it. I'm baffled with this one :confused: Any input welcome :o

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see! I get movements on the side too, well just one side from her feet and legs and she's well down! I can feel a lot of pressure from her head though.

Advertisement