Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

36 weeks today!! And 1 week left at work yippee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

still in here ariana they waiting on bloods and want to give me a blood transfusion tomoro. then if the doctor is happy with fluid around baby I might b allowed home altho he scanned me tonight and said it was very low.. baby Is happy in there tho, measuring 33 weeks tho nd im nearly 36plus 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Hope you managed to get some sleep and get to go home today missymad!

I was in serious pain last night, not contraction type pain but pressure down there, a stinging electrical pain. It felt like she was about to fall out of me. I was in agony! It went away thankfully but I am so uncomfortable most of the time. I really hope I don't have another 2 weeks of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

ariana` wrote: »
    Allirog how're you hun?
    I'm good Ariana, things have been mental here between hospital visits etc. so I was put on blood pressure medication and it had been going well but yesterday it was high so I was being watch etc. looks like they might increase my dose next week, pending the result of another BP series on Monday. Also had to have another growth scan and the baby hasn't grown enough for their liking so it was confirmed yesterday that I'll be induced on May 25th :) super exciting! But I have another growth scan on Friday so I suppose anything could happen after that! Just wait and see how!

Missymad you poor thing, I hope you're feeling ok today! I've done a few stays in hospital too and they are minus craic! Thinking of you x

Woshy you poor thing too. You really haven't been given a break with this pregnancy. Hopefully she makes her grand entrance very soon for you! X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Invited to two communions today, and a hens tonight. Instead, im between the bath and the bed trying to ease the pain of haemmroids..sorry if its tmi girls but its not something I can chat to everyone about :-). Less than three weeks till I meet this little boy tho, cannot wait!!!

• Advertisement

Ooh, piles do not sound fun at all. Poor you! I really hope the bath helped :)

I was out last night at a friend's birthday dinner. Once the meal was over I made an exit though, at 38+1 sitting at the table got pretty uncomfortable. I had loads of false contractions when I got home too, very uncomfortable, you could see my tummy tightening. It was weird!

I'm so ready for this baby to arrive, well after my wax tomorrow I am!

Woshy I was glad for your advice re the waxing. I'm good and ready to go now :D

I'm having the ultimate lazy day here. I only got out of bed for food. And I've no intention of getting dressed just yet so I may stay where I am :D

Everything's gone quiet here the last few days. hope everyone is feeling well.. not long left now :)

All well here, just waiting and waiting...my baby is breech and last week the doc mentioned that I probably wont go into labour naturally, as he is also transverse, and its only when the head is down and hes engaged that labour begins. Is this right?? Im confused..what about the women who go into labour naturally only to have an emergency section because baby is breech??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Fittle wrote: »
    All well here, just waiting and waiting...my baby is breech and last week the doc mentioned that I probably wont go into labour naturally, as he is also transverse, and its only when the head is down and hes engaged that labour begins. Is this right?? Im confused..what about the women who go into labour naturally only to have an emergency section because baby is breech??

Yep only recently read of a girl who went into labour naturally with a breech baby and was 7cm dilated just before they started the c section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭ariana`

Fittle wrote: »

It doesn't happen too often Fittle not nowadays with all the check ups. They sometimes try to turn breech babies otherwise its a planned section usually at 39wks to avoid the mum going into labour and it ending in an emcs which is more traumatic for everyone.

I finally finished work last Fri. Nearly 38 wks now. Its just a waiting game now. Lots of BHs, lets hope they're doing some good.

How's Allirog, tfak, woshy & everyone else? All gone quiet.

Hi girls. All good here. I'll be 37 weeks this Friday which also marks my last day at work until April 2016! Starting to feel very real now and I'm making a list of things to keep me occupied while I wait for baby to arrive. Kicking off my maternity leave with the pre-baby haircut on Monday!

Feeling good so far although the tiredness is picking up and I swear I'm doubling in size every day!

Yay for maternity leave!

Had lots of pains last night, thought it was early labour, then it eased off and I slept. Still in pain this morning and wondering if it's a UTI so I think I'm going to get checked in the hospital soon. Just wish I knew what was going on!

ariana` wrote: »

How's Allirog, tfak, woshy & everyone else? All gone quiet.

Did you finish early, Ariana? Hope you're doing ok and not too tired! I'm good, feeling better than I have done in previous weeks which is funny. I'm just patiently waiting for Friday because they'll be giving me the details to be induced on Monday woohoo :)

Woshy hope you're ok!

No UTI here, just baba in an awkward position causing me lots of pain. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and will be glad to get this baby out soon!

38+4 now and finishing work tomorrow. I cannot wait.
    Was sure something was happening yesterday evening. Had awful pressure and pains down low (like baby hitting off cervix). Felt nauseous and exhausted. Seems I was just over tired after a busy day at work.
    Just writing up my birth preferences now. Has anyone else done these? Seemingly Holles St just administer Syntometerine for delivery of the placenta which can seemingly affect breastfeeding. Kinda would hope the placenta will come out of its own accord, all going well.

Anyone anything nice planned for their maternity days off pre baby?

Baby has turned so no section here!! Delighted as my 13 yr old has first year summer exams next week and really wanted to be home for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

That's brilliant news!!

That's great Fittle - wonderful news!

No birth plan/preferences here. I don't see the need tbh. I'm happy to go with the flow to get baba here safely. That's what I did last time. My only preference which is easily communicated is I only want a section if it's absolutely 100% medically necessary.

Woshy wrote: »
    That's great Fittle - wonderful news!

No birth plan/preferences here. I don't see the need tbh. I'm happy to go with the flow to get baba here safely. That's what I did last time. My only preference which is easily communicated is I only want a section if it's absolutely 100% medically necessary.

Yeah I really am starting to wonder should I bother with the plan. Don't want to annoy the midwives straight off. I'll have a think.
    One more day at work :)

• Advertisement

just a question has anyone been told they have a low fluid around baby?? don't know how serious a problem it is. plus I'm 37+4 and baby's measuring 33wks. had scan today and been brought bk in for trace and scan sun morn up in maternity section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

All good here, landed in the hospital because of a change in movements the other night, to say I was up he walls with worry would be an understatement, have been very happy since!

I think it's no harm at all to bring birth preferences with you but really they should be brought to clinic and discussed before labour, turning up with a list that's not "pre-approved" can be stressful in labour if some of the things on it don't apply to the care given in your hospital.

Blingy, I didn't know that Holles St still used Syntometrine, it's a fairly miserable drug alright, it can push up your blood pressure and make you vomit, it also gives pretty painful after birth pains. You could ask them to give you Syntocinon for the third stage instead - Syntometrine is very good for excessive bleeding though. You will only be considered suitable for a natural placental birth if you've had absolutely no intervention in your labour - spontaneous onset, spontaneous rupture of waters, spontaneous birth with no drugs whatsoever. The policy in Hollest St is to rupture everyones waters artificially, just bear this in mind when writing your preferences.

Delighted for everyone on their mat leave - the count down is on now!! I'm 36+1 today, finish up work next Friday, can't wait!

Thanks tfak85.

37 weeks today and I am on my way home to start my maternity leave!! Really looking forward to a few weeks of rest before the bub arrives. I was at the docs yesterday for a check up and whilst the baby is head down it isn't engaged so far. I'm lucky in knowing quite a few girls due around the same time as me so will have lots of catch ups over tea and biccies to look forward to :)

Yay! Happy maternity leave :)

Baby girl arrived this morning at 39+2 - 8lbs 4oz Got into delivery room at 8.15am - baby arrived at 9.12am!!! Crazy quick. I woke u at 4.20am with period type cramps and it escalated from there. She's already feeding like a pro :)

Woshy wrote: »
    Baby girl arrived this morning at 39+2 - 8lbs 4oz Got into delivery room at 8.15am - baby arrived at 9.12am!!! Crazy quick. I woke u at 4.20am with period type cramps and it escalated from there. She's already feeding like a pro :)

Woshy congratulations. Delighted for you. That's brilliant news :)

Fantastic news woshy!! Huge congratualations x

fantastic news woshy. great to hear Ye are doing great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Congratulations Woshy! Great news, glad ye're both doing well and everything went well,

Advertisement