Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Oh girls, my heart goes out to you with the heartburn, I've been very lucky, have had a touch of it on and off but have never needed Gaviscon or Renee or anything, just a mouthful of milk and sitting up for a few mins sorts it out.

I'm now officially on my mat leave, I can hardly believe it! I have been so tired in work over the last couple of weeks, typically yesterday I was full of beans, felt like I could have done another week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Happy mat leave tfak!

I don't miss the heartburn at all, it's really tough. So funny how giving birth is the only cure for these things! I've been so greatful not t be nauseous/puking or burning up with heartburn anymore. I feel like I'm sleeping better too despite being up breastfeeding a newborn a few times a night. Being pregnant just doesn't suit me I think.

Hopefully we'll have another baba along soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Blingy is today your due date? How are you doing?

Happy mat leave tfak! Hope you get some time to rest up now!

How are all the babies doing? We're doing great here thank god! Having a few moments of her not being great at shifting her wind but we get there in the end. She's a very happy, content little girl. Still can't believe she's here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Allirog wrote: »
    Blingy is today your due date? How are you doing?

Happy mat leave tfak! Hope you get some time to rest up now!

How are all the babies doing? We're doing great here thank god! Having a few moments of her not being great at shifting her wind but we get there in the end. She's a very happy, content little girl. Still can't believe she's here :)

Yep due date today. No sign of anything happening yet which I'm not to bothered about. Full moon on tues or wed next week...maybe that's when it will happen ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Happy 1st June to all the June mummies to be!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Due date here today, but hes breech, so he will be here by friday by csection, or naturally if he turns again!!
    Might be a silly question but what are the muslin cloths used for? Never heard of them on my son, but that was 13 yrs ago, and i see them everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Fittle wrote: »
    Due date here today, but hes breech, so he will be here by friday by csection, or naturally if he turns again!!
    Might be a silly question but what are the muslin cloths used for? Never heard of them on my son, but that was 13 yrs ago, and i see them everywhere?

Wiping up drool and milk! They're nice and soft on their face. Also good to put on your shoulder if babs is a spitter to save your clothes

I love the muslin cloths, so handy. But because our little one is so tiny the bins are too big so we just use the cloths as a bib!

Happy June 1st everyone! Here's looking forward to all the babies :)

I've been admitted back into the hospital which is frustrating but hopefully won't be for too long!

Thanks girls! Now i get it lol. Hope all is well Alirog

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

hi ladies June's finally here can't wait to hear of more beautiful babies being born. as you said woshy it's great not to b feeling sick no heartburn or the million trips to d bathroom a day are gone.. little Taylor is great little slow to drink her bottle but fantastic at bringing up her wind.. weighed yest 5lb4oz she's so tiny in her little clothes and micro nappies but just perfect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I have quite big muslin cloths that I use for swaddling him, covering the car seat from sun or a quick drop of rain, if I want to cover up when feeding, etc. They're really useful, I love them. Luckily I don't need them for drool, milk or burps so far as none of them come out of him :P But the ones I have are such a great big-ish size that they have so many uses that you only discover when you think of them!

Morning all, i had a show yesterday, and another one today, but not one other sign. Heading in for scheduled apt later, nerves are starting!

Morning all, i had a show yesterday, and another one today, but not one other sign. Heading in for scheduled apt later, nerves are starting!

Oooh that's so exciting :-)

Oh fittle!! How exciting :) fingers crossed it all kicks off very soon for you :)

I've been discharged so just waiting on my paperwork and my oh and I'm good to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I'm getting impatient :| One day overdue so far.

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I'm getting impatient :| One day overdue so far.

Oh no...are u trying any of the so called tricks to start it all off?
    I'm 2 days over and actually enjoying the days of rest. Would still kinda like to know when it's gonna kick off!!
    Seemingly it's a Full moon tonight...been telling my sis this will start me off ;)

I was at the midwife clinic today and my next appointment is next Friday on my due date. The midwife said it's likely I will be offered a sweep so hopefully that gets things moving. Enjoying maternity leave so far and my last couple of weeks of peace and quiet, but can't wait for the bub to arrive!

Baby born by C section earlier today, as he was still breech. Il update again, but hes perfect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Baby born by C section earlier today, as he was still breech. Il update again, but hes perfect!!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations Fittle!!

• Advertisement

Awe massive congrats fittle :)

Congratulations!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Congratulations Fittle, that's great news!!

Was in coombe yesterday for a sweep (which was pleasant)
    Being admitted Thursday evening with hope of being induced Friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Congratulations Fittle, that's wonderful news!

Sounds like with shows and sweeps etc we'll have some more June babies soon :)

All Is well with us. My little girl fed brilliantly from just after she was born so not having any stress with breastfeeding has been lovely (her big brother took a while to get the hang of it!). Sleep is not too bad either, I'm getting more than I thought!

So much excitement!! Can't believe it's June already! How many babies have arrived so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Congratulations Fittle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭ariana`

I haven't had a chance to post but I had a baby boy 6lbs 12oz born 2 days ago. Yesterday was due date. All well we went home same day as he was born in the early hours. Labour was 1hr 20mins so all quick enough in the end. He's perfect, so in love with him already.

Oh ariana massive congrats! I've been dying to see how you were getting on. What great news! Well done :)

Congratulations ariana, fantastic news!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dido2012

Congratulations and best of luck to all the June mammies and babies I was due my first on 3rd June but she arrived early on the 30th May. Labour was 3hours 50 mins and she weighed 7lbs 3ozs. It's just amazing!

Advertisement