Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Aww congrats Petal.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Congrats Petal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Rw fathers day, I've bought our little lady a babygro from next that says I love my daddy... lots! Our little lady Emily can wear it on fathers day for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Congrats Petal - that's wonderful news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Congratulations Petal! Thrilled for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congrats petal.

Tfak any news, how're you doing?

All going grand here, my wee boy is thriving, keeping me busy. Hope all the June mammies and babies are good?

No baby for me yet!! Two days over now!! Feeling generally well, getting fed up though!
    Glad to hear all is going well for you ariana!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

Hi, followed the thread all through my pregnancy but never posted! Loved reading through all the posts and found them comforting and helpful when needed., especially as it's my first. My baby boy was born 6 days over on 10th June by emergency section weighing 10lb1oz and absolutely perfect. Finding recovery hard.. Had wanted to avoid a section at all cost unless totally necessary, and it was in the end. He's so worth it though!

Congratulations Mindy, sorry to hear your birth wasn't ideal, hopefully your recovery will get easier from here on out.

Baby tfak finally made her presence known at 04.19am on Tuesday morning! Emergency section in the end but we're happy, healthy and feeding well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Mindy76

Congratulations tfak!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dido2012

Congrats! Hope all doing well.

tfak85 wrote: »
    Baby tfak finally made her presence known at 04.19am on Tuesday morning! Emergency section in the end but we're happy, healthy and feeding well!

Congrats tfak!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭ariana`

Congrats Tfak. Delighted for you that you're wee girl is here safely. Enjoy these precious early days x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Massive congrats Tfak... Absolutely delighted for you and your little girl :)

Ariana how is your boy doing?

I can't believe my girl is almost 5 weeks old. Where has that time gone!! She's absolutely amazing though. She's going through a rough patch though, she currently has thrush in her mouth so is medicated for that and she also has bad silent reflux which she is also medicated for. The last 24 hours have been a dream with her, she's just been so good and content so I'm hoping it's a case of the medicine working! The joys of motherhood!

Can't believe our month is over now!!! :eek: my girl is 5 weeks already! Can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Times flyin my little woman is 5 weeks today. Still only weighs 6lbs14ozs but is Healthy out at same time. Had to change her milk to sma comfort yesterday so hoping it will settle her little tummy. Very hard to listen to her trying to drink her bottle. Hope all the mammys and babies are doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My boy is 4wks now and already 7.5lbs. Starting to get back to normal now after csection. He is tongue-tied and dribbles half of every bottle though! Waiting for his 6wk apt to check about getting it snipped.

Allirog wrote: »
    Massive congrats Tfak... Absolutely delighted for you and your little girl :)

Ariana how is your boy doing?

I can't believe my girl is almost 5 weeks old. Where has that time gone!! She's absolutely amazing though. She's going through a rough patch though, she currently has thrush in her mouth so is medicated for that and she also has bad silent reflux which she is also medicated for. The last 24 hours have been a dream with her, she's just been so good and content so I'm hoping it's a case of the medicine working! The joys of motherhood!

Allirog how is your little one getting on with the silent reflux?? I think my little boy (1 mth old) has it. It's awful watching him in pain. I can hear milk coming up but he just swallows it back down but this also appears to cause pain. It's gotten worse in the last few days and he won't sleep for long lying down which means sleeping in our arms only. Don't know what to do next. Tried raising the crib and that didn't work either

Oh blingy! I absolutely feel your pain. I've had over 5 weeks of hardship with reflux. My girl is 6 weeks old today and I swear we've turned s corner!!! She was prescribed losec which I know can take a few weeks to work so we'll keep going with that BUT since Friday I have her on baby gaviscon and not a word of a lie, she is like a complete different child!!! Try it... It's over the counter! Still keep his basket elevated though... You'd be surprised what that is actually doing. My girl was the sane would only sleep in our arms but is now sleeping 3 and 4 hours after a feed in her pram or basket!!!

• Advertisement

Allirog wrote: »
    Oh blingy! I absolutely feel your pain. I've had over 5 weeks of hardship with reflux. My girl is 6 weeks old today and I swear we've turned s corner!!! She was prescribed losec which I know can take a few weeks to work so we'll keep going with that BUT since Friday I have her on baby gaviscon and not a word of a lie, she is like a complete different child!!! Try it... It's over the counter! Still keep his basket elevated though... You'd be surprised what that is actually doing. My girl was the sane would only sleep in our arms but is now sleeping 3 and 4 hours after a feed in her pram or basket!!!

Thanks for your reply. It's awful seeing him in pain. I'm breastfeeding so not sure if I can use the gaviscon, is it just added to a bottle? Suppose should go to doc first. It's really annoying as it seems to have only really manifested over the last few days. He's a month old now.
    Thanks. That's great ye have turned a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Hi I'm butting in from the July thread. My son went through this around the same stage. I was breastfeeding too and someone suggested cutting out dairy from my diet. It made a huge difference in him. I also tried the baby gaviscon. I used to just mix it with cooled boiled water and put the in a bottle or use a syringe. I found cutting the dairy more effective for us. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

Hope everyone doing well, just with regards to the infant gaviscon, I'm the same here, my little one has silent reflux also and will only sleep up in our arms, we started the infant gaviscon and she was definitely much happier but now she is so constipated and totally miserable from that now, so cured one problem and started another, I'm formula feeding so she's probably more prone to constipation but just be careful cause it is very constipating xx

So how is everyone now that we are all a few weeks in? My girl is 8 weeks old on Monday! Where has that time gone?!

I got a chest of drawers that will be delivered to me next week for her room. I can't wait to get it and start sorting out her bits and pieces and get stuff out of bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Anyone experiencing this....he is 7 weeks now and every second day, seems to have an 'off' day...he is a good feeder (although dribbles alot due to his tongue-tie, but I'm waiting for an appointment to get that sorted I hope) and is sleeping for 6 hours some nights now. But almost every second day, he becomes incredibly cranky and whingy with very bad wind. Today is a good day, he has taken all his bottles and slept alot after each one, very little crying. Yesterday was awful - he screamed during and between every bottle (though he drank them and wee'd and pooped normally) and I seemed to spend the entire day with him over my shoulder trying to get the wind up..

If it was all the time, I would think it was colic or reflux or similar....but I can almost predict that he will wake up cranky again tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My guy (15 weeks now) went through that probably around the same time Fittle, every second day he would be off form and windy. Stopped again just as quickly, I just figured that for whatever reason it was taking a day to build up each time. Babies are weird :)

So how is everyone doing? My lady is 12 weeks old and is doing great. She's really turned a corner in the last few weeks and the last 10 days has slept through the night for us from about 10pm till 6am so we're delighted. Her reflux seems to be under control too but she keeps getting oral thrush which is frustrating! Other than that we're all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Hi everyone Howr all the lovely babies doing? My little girl is 18weeks tomoro and has silent reflux very unsettled and in pain a lot wakes about 4 times every night. So hard seeing them in pain. One smile tho and it makes everything worth it she's just adorable:)

Hi miss maid we are Right In the middle of the fourth leap here so night times are so unsettled. Lo used to sleep 3-4 hour stretches but now I am lucky if I get two hour stretches. Really hoping this leap is over soon.

Silent reflux is pretty much gone thanks to a tongue tie being revised, a few osteopath sessions and less dairy for me.

I have a headcold and just need a good nights sleep but it's just not gonna happen :(

• Advertisement

The silent reflux is a killer. My lady has it too and thankfully it's managed really well with losec. She's sleeping through as well which is great but we've had the odd night of a 4/5am feed so we're very lucky. She has her 4 month jabs tomorrow and was 18 weeks on Monday. Where has the time gone??!

Advertisement