Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Sorry woshy, I'm going completely off topic here but just when you mentioned your cat it has now triggered with me that I might actually know you :D or else someone else I know also lost a much loved pet today who turned up not so long ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Allirog wrote: »
    Sorry woshy, I'm going completely off topic here but just when you mentioned your cat it has now triggered with me that I might actually know you :D or else someone else I know also lost a much loved pet today who turned up not so long ago :D

Oooh - that definitely sounds like it was me. Maybe we do know each other. Exciting!

Now I'm intrigued..... You'll have to send me a pm!

:D if you are who I think you are then we had a drink in a bar in Wellington about 5 and a half years ago :D

:D if you are who I think you are then we had a drink in a bar in Wellington about 5 and a half years ago :D

Shut. Up!!!!!

That's mad - but awesome :)

Woshy wrote: »
    Shut. Up!!!!!

I thought I was right!!! :D yep there ya go! Small world!! ;)

• Advertisement

I thought I was right!!! :D yep there ya go! Small world!! ;)

Aww, that's lovely that we actually know each other and wonderful news for you about the baba! :D

Awe thanks!! And same to you guys!!! :)

Like christmas here as we have our scan tomorrow. So much excitement!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Anyone found themselves very,very thirsty recently? I've had a bit of a stressful day (missing cat) and have been weirdly thirsty all day, in a way I haven't been before except when I was breastfeeding. I've also had a bad headache.

I was severely dehydrated when I was hospitalised with the hyperemesis and didn't feel like this at all (no headaches) and I don't remember being thirsty at all on my last pregnancy. I'm presuming it's normal because your blood flow is increasing to accmmodate the baby etc but I'm not a bit liquid drinker normally and I just can't get enough today.

Apparently it can be a sign of gestational diabetes but that seems unlikely this early and given the fact that for the last two months I've hardly eaten anything that stayed down. I've only just started eating a bit more in the last 3/4 days.

It is definitely a sign of dehydration to have a bad headache, at this stage I wouldn't worry about diabetes. Along with water you need to make sure you're getting salts and minerals, they're not the best thing but Cup'O'Soups are an easy way of getting liquid and some salts. Can you tolerate milk Woshy? Calcium is so important for muscles, as is potassium, could you manage to eat even one banana a day? What if you blend a banana and milk? If the headache doesn't go away with paracetamol I would be heading to the hospital to have a U&E taken ASAP.

Is there a chance that today you haven't had any caffiene when usually you would have some, even a little bit every day? I had a day last week with no caffiene (I normally have one cup of tea a day, maybe two) and I was in bits with the headache.

Aww, that's lovely that we actually know each other and wonderful news for you about the baba! :D

*jealous*

tfak85 wrote: »
    It is definitely a sign of dehydration to have a bad headache, at this stage I wouldn't worry about diabetes. Along with water you need to make sure you're getting salts and minerals, they're not the best thing but Cup'O'Soups are an easy way of getting liquid and some salts. Can you tolerate milk Woshy? Calcium is so important for muscles, as is potassium, could you manage to eat even one banana a day? What if you blend a banana and milk? If the headache doesn't go away with paracetamol I would be heading to the hospital to have a U&E taken ASAP.

Is there a chance that today you haven't had any caffiene when usually you would have some, even a little bit every day? I had a day last week with no caffiene (I normally have one cup of tea a day, maybe two) and I was in bits with the headache.

Milk is what I've mainly been living off for the last while! It's just strange that when i was actually hospitalised for being severely dehydrated and I couldn't keep any fluids down i was headache free. i don't drink tea or coffee and have had no caffeine for a while! I have to talk to the dietician tomorrow anyway so I'll see what she says
    tfak85 wrote: »
    *jealous*

If it helps it's actually boards we know each other from (on previous identities!) :)

• Advertisement

Awe thanks!! And same to you guys!!! :)

Like christmas here as we have our scan tomorrow. So much excitement!!! :D

Let us know how you get on!

Well ladies what can I say. Today's scan was mesmerising and just unreal. I'm a few days further along than I thought so I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and due on June 11th. I can't stop looking at my scan photos :o

Aww, that's lovely - and great you're further along than you thought. From tomorrow you've the first trimester done!

I'm definitely feeling a lot better. It started to lift slightly last Thursday (when I was 13w+5) and every day since then I'm feeling better. I haven't vomited in two days! The true test that things are on the turn is my little boy's nappies. I use cloth nappies but because I've been so sick I have had to switch to disposables as dealing with the nappies and the washing of them was too much. He's been back in cloth the last 2 days so things have definitely improved a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Blueberry22

Is anybody else feeling "meh" about Christmas this year? I usually love it - love the decorations, the music, the atmosphere but this year I just don't have it in me - im just "meh" about it all...

maybe it just because we had the wedding and honeymoon in July/august and then bubs made an appearance and I think im just a bit worn out?

Any suggestions for improving the motivation - I'm hoping tri 2 will help with that too! :-)

I think Christmas is just very meh when you're pregnant in general. You can't really go out, put a sparkly party dress on and drink and go out on the tear. You you feel tired and bloated and not very energetic. This is my second Christmas pregnant (Christmas 2 years ago I was 13/14 weeks pregnant) so I know what you mean.

Maybe just take it as an opportunity to chill and rest up and eat nice things :)

My little boy is only 18 months so he doesn't understand Christmas yet but I'm trying to be enthusiastic anyway for him. I think it will be a v low key Christmas though. My FIL is arriving next weekend and staying for a month so that should be interesting too!

Yea I barely drink but I do like a drink at Christmas - glass of wine or something so while it doesn't bother me that's possibly has a small part to play. Think its just the tiredness means Ive been in no humour for shopping - so I haven't been out and about "soaking up the atmosphere" as such...

I got a great recipe for non alcoholic mulled wine last year - I must dig it out - it was just a nice hot Christmas drink really...

Yea I barely drink but I do like a drink at Christmas - glass of wine or something so while it doesn't bother me that's possibly has a small part to play. Think its just the tiredness means Ive been in no humour for shopping - so I haven't been out and about "soaking up the atmosphere" as such...

I got a great recipe for non alcoholic mulled wine last year - I must dig it out - it was just a nice hot Christmas drink really...

Sounds like a great thing to get you in the spirit!

I did all my shopping online this year so have missed the atmosphere too. My husband is insisting we take the baby out to a Christmas market and to see the lights this weekend now I'm feeling better so that should help I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

We had been living in Australia for the last 5 years and moved back in May. It's our first cold Christmas sInce 2008 and our first Christmas in our new home. Thankfully the tiredness is lifting now so I have the energy to embrace the festive season (just about anyway lol).

On another note, I had first trimester screening done on Monday and I'm so happy to have paid for the tests. Not only did I get to see the bub bouncing around again for a decent amount of time, but I also had the test results yesterday and received reassurance that I am considered extremely low risk for chromosome disorders. Definitely money well spent.

Fifi_123 wrote: »
    We had been living in Australia for the last 5 years and moved back in May. It's our first cold Christmas sInce 2008 and our first Christmas in our new home. Thankfully the tiredness is lifting now so I have the energy to embrace the festive season (just about anyway lol).

On another note, I had first trimester screening done on Monday and I'm so happy to have paid for the tests. Not only did I get to see the bub bouncing around again for a decent amount of time, but I also had the test results yesterday and received reassurance that I am considered extremely low risk for chromosome disorders. Definitely money well spent.

Great that you know things are ok :) I lived in NZ for a few years and never got used to warm Christmases - enjoy your first Christmas back! We put our tree and stuff up tonight and it was lovely. We moved into our new house last weekend so nice to get it feeling Christmassy now that we're (mostly) unpacked

Also - I felt my first proper kick this evening - I was lying in bed on my iPad just pissing about online. I've felt some movement/flutters over the past couple of weeks but tonight was the first proper thump from the inside. I'd forgotten what a strange feeling it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Boo2112

Also - I felt my first proper kick this evening - I was lying in bed on my iPad just pissing about online. I've felt some movement/flutters over the past couple of weeks but tonight was the first proper thump from the inside. I'd forgotten what a strange feeling it is!
    I cannot wait for this!! My sister is heavily pregnant right now and she's so p1ssed off with little punches and kicks and I'm so ridiculously jealous! I bet it's amazing :)

Finally back in our house after a week living at the in laws while our floor got ripped up to find a leaky pipe! Every room in the house is destroyed in dust and I'm so sick I just cleaned Off the couch and tv and left the rest :P totally get what he mean about Christmas, I guess we should enjoy our last one as just the two of us but I'm more excited to be three next Christmas, awful to be wishing a year away! Also have to clean the house of all the dust before we can put up decorations and I really can't be arsed :P

• Advertisement

It's a pretty special feeling alright! My little boy is very active - he is mad and can't keep still. He keeps me very busy. When I was pregnant with him he was active as well, his little personality was already formed in the womb to an extent. That always amazes me! Even though it used to keep me up etc I didn't mind too much because it's a constant reassurance that the baby is ok. It won't be long until we're all getting kicked - I felt the first kick at 16 weeks with my little boy which is early as well but the Hyperemesis helps with that - no fat on your tummy as padding so you feel things earlier :)

Sucks about the dust! Having just moved house myself I know what a pain it is. We've got through most of our boxes so we've a small bit of order restored. It's a pain having to do stuff in the house when you've no energy though - the tiredness has hit me like a truck this week. Hopefully it won't take you too long to get sorted. Good idea to enjoy the last Christmas just the two of you. Next Christmas you'll have a 6 month old all interested in wrapping paper and things :D

Oh I can't wait for the kicks and flutters. Apparently at the scan on Wednesday he was kicking around like mad :) I really am excited to feel it!!

I totally get where ye are coming from with the Christmas decorating though. Thankfully I had a burst of energy about 2 weeks ago and got it done but don't think I'd be in the mood now to do it.

I'm looking forward to this christmas as it'll be our last normal Christmas until next year when having a 6 month old baby will be our new normal :)

How is everyone doing anyways? Hope we're all well

We put the tree up last night but I drew the line at that (and fell asleep in the couch at twenty past nine!lol) will prob finish the rest this evening. Exhausted but lying here awake since before 8am.. :-( have a busy busy week ahead in work so feeling a bit sorry for myself.... (someone has to?eh)

Im 12 wks today - can not wait for flutters and kicks to start.... I know the say tge woman will feel them between 16-20 (im hoping 16 as im slim!) But when will dh be able to feel them externally? I think thatll help him feel more involved/more real for him....

hope ur all well. Dont envy the house moving/cleaning..... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Hi, I had my first trimester screening and all is well - to say I'm overwhelmed with happiness is an understatement! I had a late loss this year, and the problems were detected at my first trimester screening, so I hadnt let myself believe I was pregnant again until I got the results this time!! I'm in my 15th week now and am almost sure I am getting tiny flutters!
    Is anyone else feeling very 'heavy'? I almost feel like the baby is full term...my bump is just a harder belly than normal but the 'heaviness' is so uncomfortable!

That's great Fittle - you must be so relieved! The heaviness might be your ligaments stretching to accommodate your growing belly. I find that pretty uncomfortable.

It's 16-24 weeks they say you can feel kicking and I think if it's your first baby it's likely to be more towards 24 weeks than 16 weeks. As regards your partner feeling kicks I know last time he had felt a kick by the time we had our anomaly scan and I was 21 weeks then - so maybe he felt it 3/4 weeks after I first did I think. I think when you feel the kicks all depends on you and the baby and where your placenta is (if it's at the front you feel kicks much later). Hopefully there'll be lots of kicks soon for everyone! I've only felt one more since that first one the other night.

All busy women in here!

Congratulations on the FTS Fifi and Fittle, no doubt you will be nervous throughout Fittle but hopefully your anomaly scan will give some reassurance in a few weeks too.

We are midway through our NYC trip and I think the excitement is keeping me going, walked fifteen miles the other day, no problem, a bit less than usual on hols but not much. It rained yesterday so we went to a local museum and just did a small bit of shopping before a show. Eating my way around the city as planned, though Mr Tfak is constantly saying "are you sure you should have that, make sure it's really well cooked etc" he forgets that 1. I am a midwife and 2. People here are so accommodating!

On the subject of Xmas, I'm mega excited for this year, I love it anyway but we are making the most of our last one alone!

I'm actually feeling so well I'm almost concerned, going to have a scan to 100% set my dates on Wednesday or Thursday though, looking forward to it!

Tfak I'm envious of your trip!! :) hope you are having a great time though!!

I have zero motivation today. My oh is working so I literally dragged myself up to get dressed at about 3pm. Lots of nausea today which sucks!!!!

Thankfully I'm off the next 2 days though even though I'm going to a gig tomorrow

tfak I'm so jealous of your trip! I was dreaming last night about going on holidays somewhere sunny and doing nothing for a week :) I am off to Austria for a week in January which will be nice but kinda crap that you can't ski when pregnant so I'll be entertaining the toddler by myself during the day a lot I think - not the most relaxing holiday!

Enjoy your days off Allirog! A rest will do you the world of good :) The nausea sucks though - when I was in hospital the midwives and docs told me that if you're nausea/sickness is worse for a few days it means a growth spurt for the baby. Not sure how true that is but it might help to think of your little baba growing fast!

I had my parents and brother over for dinner tonight. My bro hasn't seen the new house yet. I cooked a pork dish that I was craving loads when I was sick and made dessert and all. My parents kept joking they didn't know who I was and where had their daughter gone?! They'd got so used to me lying in bed looking like death not able to do anything for myself that they forgot what it was like to have me up and cooking and being myself! It's nice to feel somewhat normal again anyway. My little boy did have me up loads last night though so I'm knackered - starting to get worried about coping with two when this one arrives. His sleeping is not too bad now usually but he was terrible at the beginning, I was like a zombie for the first 6 months. Nothing can prepare you for that kind of tiredness so I really hope baby number 2 is a better sleeper.

Allirog I find my nausea is bad when I'm tired after a couple of hard shifts etc, Woshy is right though, it's a boost of hormones causing it so it's all good, although it really doesn't feel it at the time.

Having said earlier how great I was feeling I hit a wall today, we had walked for a fair few hours and I was hungry, stopped for a snack and though I was still tired I made it through (enormous) dinner with friends! What's been happening lately and is so frustrating is that I think I'm starving, order food and can only eat about four bites! I hate wasting food! Ate lots and lots of pickles with dinner tonight, had been looking forward to them all day, after six weeks of mega plain food i think my taste buds are allowing for some flavour again and I'm so happy!

We have looked at little tops and tiny shoes and stuff here, just props to tell the family with when we get back but can't bring ourselves to purchase anything just yet. While I never consider myself superstitious I would be funny about having stuff for "the lentil" any earlier than 36ish weeks, anyone else in that boat?

• Advertisement

I'm the same tfak. I feel like I'm starving them in eating hardly anything bits a nuisance. But like you, I do feel like my taste buds are making their way back to normal. My saving grace is toast at the moment.

I haven't really thought about buying stuff yet actually. I did buy a book for my oh for christmas that's called 'why I love my daddy' and I couldn't really resist it :D

Advertisement