Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

• 24-09-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I moved to the UK (London) in July and I have just got a job which is going to require me to travel so I need a car. I am wondering if anyone knows the options Re insurance as I'm a new enough resident. I have four years as a named driver on a car in Ireland and have my full licence for four years. My partner would also be a named driver and he is five years as named driver in Ireland and also has driving licence five years. We are in our mid-twenties.

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I had no problem getting no claims recognised from Ireland. The fact that you're new residents shouldn't be a problem either I would say. Go onto one of the price comparison sites and you should get a good deal. I've found the insurance cheaper here than Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

whether they'll recognise named driver experience is another matter. It'll certainly make it difficult to use the comparison websites. You could perhaps use those for pricing but I suggest that you ring through to the particular companeis you are interested in to check acceptability ofthe named driver experience before buying the insurance.

Advertisement