Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new connection query

Options
  • 24-09-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am currently renovating a property that I hope to move into early next year, my partner and I already have eircom in our home at the minute but I want to get the phone line/e-fibre connected to the house now while the plaster board hasn't been fitted yet, this would mean I'd be able to hide all the wires and cables inside the walls and not have to have have cables tacked to the top of skirting boards etc. I suppose my real question is it possible to have this done now even though the house won't be inhabited until early next year ? I also want to know if there is a connection charge to this property ? There appears to be a rather big phone line box type thing just above the front door to the left which appears to be feeding 2 other properties, don't know if that helps but I can take a picture of it if needs be. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me on the matter , Shane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there,

I am currently renovating a property that I hope to move into early next year, my partner and I already have eircom in our home at the minute but I want to get the phone line/e-fibre connected to the house now while the plaster board hasn't been fitted yet, this would mean I'd be able to hide all the wires and cables inside the walls and not have to have have cables tacked to the top of skirting boards etc. I suppose my real question is it possible to have this done now even though the house won't be inhabited until early next year ? I also want to know if there is a connection charge to this property ? There appears to be a rather big phone line box type thing just above the front door to the left which appears to be feeding 2 other properties, don't know if that helps but I can take a picture of it if needs be. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me on the matter , Shane.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Shane,

I can confirm that once a line is installed then line rental (€25.78) will commence with a contract period of 12 months including any additional broadband that's included. If you are moving in to the house in the new year I recommend just ordering a standard line and upgrading to broadband when ready although you would be charged for the monthly rental for the period until then. At present there is no connection fee and a line cannot be installed without commencing a 12 month contract.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement