Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dicey's

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and some friends are heading to the Big Smoke this weekend..heading out on Saturday night.

We don't like Coppers, but we do want to have a laugh we normal people...is Dicey's recommended?

Also..any opinions on ''HOUSE''??

We are all in late twenties.

Thanks!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Not a big fan of Diceys myself, cheap drink with the usual messing. Not much different to coppers imo.

House is good, can be pricey enough though. Great cocktails and decent music. Completely different vibe to Harcourt Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Last time I was in Dicey's on a Saturday night the drinks weren't cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The service in Dicey's is terrible and the pints aren't great. House seems OK, but I didn't like it when I was there. That could have been down to my mood on the night though. I'd be willing to give it another chance. Better than Dicey's anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Synode wrote: »
    Last time I was in Dicey's on a Saturday night the drinks weren't cheap

They usually have special offers and the crowds that go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

Thanks for the replies guys!

What kind of bar is House? i.e. what kind of clientele does it attract?

I'm really not interested in hanging out in a place that is full of pretentious people or those that have no shame....

So a nicely balanced place lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'd agree with others in that I wouldn't be a fan of Dicey's at all. Never was a fan when I was younger and went there for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago (in late 20's myself) and while it was pretty cheap (€10 entry with €2 drinks), I'd have much rather gone somewhere I liked and paid extra for drinks. Can't see myself returning anytime soon as I'm even less into it now then in my early 20's!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

ElecKtrA wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys!

What kind of bar is House? i.e. what kind of clientele does it attract?

I'm really not interested in hanging out in a place that is full of pretentious people or those that have no shame....

So a nicely balanced place lol

Myself and two work friends were refused entry into House on a Saturday for being under 25, (I'm 23), wearing jeans, and not wearing black shoes... in order that is what the bouncer told me. Went across the road to bucks and had a great night, clientele heading into house looked older and pretentious... I never normally have trouble getting in anywhere but to be honest I think the bouncer did us a favour not letting us in there !

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Stay away from Diceys.... head to 37 Dawson St. Great spot! Or Everleigh Gardens which is on Harcourt St also. Odeon on Harcourt St is a good spot also! House is nice, but can get really busy. My suggestion is try and get guest list for these places so you have a seat/area! Enjoy your weekend in Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Average age in House is mid-30s.

Advertisement