Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optimal places for a smoke alarm

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:32pm

I'm considering splurging and buying two Nest Protectors (basically a smart smoke/monoxide alarm). I'm unsure how many to get (as few as possible since they're €108!) and where to put them.

I live with my parents in a small two bedroomed terraced house. Below those bedrooms are a sitting room and spare room. At the back of the house we have a built on extension as a kitchen.

Would I get away with one Nest Protector in the hall between the sitting room and spare room AND another on the ceiling of the landing between the two bedrooms?

I know it's good to have one in each sleeping area but the place is so small that the one in the landing would be practically on top of us! Same goes for the rooms by the hallway. Of course this leaves the kitchen unprotected. But as I said the place is so small (no room to swing a cat) and might get away with just two...maybe a third for the kitchen.

As you might have guessed I don't know a lot about this stuff! :) Any advice most welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Best advice is (if you insist on overpaying) is to check their website. You will then discover your choices for installation are very limited making your decision so much easier.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

if i was fitting 2 only, i'd prob fit one outside bedrooms and one in sitting room

EI do a range of 9v wireless interconnected alarms

if you connected those to battery only would they comply with building regs?

Advertisement