Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working and Carer's Allowance.

Options
  • 24-09-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I wonder if anyone could tell me what the situation is regarding working an Carer's Allowance. I know that you can work 15 hours a week and earn upto €130. I have applied for the only part-time job that has become available in my area in the last few years but it is 17.5 hours per week. Do you think I would be allowed to accept this job if offered? If it pays more than €130 per week how do they assess you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Citizen's Information should be able to answer your questions for you, there's bound to be an office in your area. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ellereb

In case anyone is interested, I got a message from the Carer's Associations saying that the DSCFA are very strict on the amount of hours worked, so if I took the job for 17.5 hours I would lose the carer's allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Dont know why you cant just say your working 13?? Can the employer not sort something for you? If you explain the situation
    to them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

ellereb wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, I got a message from the Carer's Associations saying that the DSCFA are very strict on the amount of hours worked, so if I took the job for 17.5 hours I would lose the carer's allowance.

HI ellereb

It is frustrating with the 15 hours. I am looking for work and am finding it extremely difficult to get a job any job that will offer you 15 hours a week. Most part time jobs are 19.5 or 20 hours and don't get me started on Jobridge. This limitation on 15 hours a week needs to be changed.

Advertisement