Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating formula

Options
  • 24-09-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Mods please move this if it belongs in a better Forum

I have several cans of Brand new unopened within-date formula from the states. My sister was given them by family but it is not the type she is using and as she lives in a non-english speaking country gave them to me to give to someone here as they could read the instructions.
    I wanted to donate them to the Limerick Maternity hospital but am unsure if they would accept those donations or even where I would give them (at the reception?)

anyone know any more info than me?

TIA!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think they would accept donations of formula. There's a risk they could be tampered with or even counterfeit (I know, but you'd be surprised).

Also, I don't think the maternity hospital would accept even if they do because they use the pre-made bottles of formula for mothers.

Try a womens refuge?? Although like I said, they might not because of the risk of it being tampered with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Maybe one of the Freecycle pages on Facebook?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try your local PHN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Go to adverts and put it up for free, or the parenting websites here,

No organisation can take it as even if is not open they cannot prove is nt been tampered with, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

thanks for the advice. I totally get that there is no guarantees that it can be proved that it hasn't been tampered with, a shame really that this is the kind of world we are in! oh well thats another moan for another day.

thanks for the advice, some good tips there. I have my little boys developemental check on next wednesday, I will bring the cans with me and see if she can use them. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement