Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 won't accept engineer code

Options
  • 24-09-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I have a Hkc 1070 and when I enter the engineers code it immediately displays access denied. Anyone ever had this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You've the wrong code.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

Is is possible you are entering the default engineer code?
    Most installers would change that to something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

I installed the system, and if I put in a random 4 digit code, it will sit there and nothing will happen as the code means nothing. But when I type in the 4 digit engineers code it instantly comes up with the access denied message.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

eoin8 wrote: »
    I installed the system, and if I put in a random 4 digit code, it will sit there and nothing will happen as the code means nothing. But when I type in the 4 digit engineers code it instantly comes up with the access denied message.

Try doing an unset on it first ot type the engineer code then the user code when it says authorised by

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seamus0954

Im updating my house alarm from hkc 812 to hkc 1070 all hard wired. Im preparing a provisional install and I have just connected one rkp with nothing else connected to control panel. I connected battery for power up and tried inputting default eng code 04567 but access denied is displayed.
    As I do not have internal bell or external siren connected would this be causing eng code to be denied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin8

Seamus0954 wrote: »
    Im updating my house alarm from hkc 812 to hkc 1070 all hard wired. Im preparing a provisional install and I have just connected one rkp with nothing else connected to control panel. I connected battery for power up and tried inputting default eng code 04567 but access denied is displayed.
    As I do not have internal bell or external siren connected would this be causing eng code to be denied?
    Try inputting the default arm/dis arm code first, as it is probably going into alarm as soon as you power up.

I did input arm/disarm 01234 but display just sits there for a few seconds and then revert back to date and time. The fault and alarm leds are flashing on rkp so I was expecting to get into service menu on inputting eng code.
    By the way although its new I did default the panel also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

I did input arm/disarm 01234 but display just sits there for a few seconds and then revert back to date and time. The fault and alarm leds are flashing on rkp so I was expecting to get into service menu on inputting eng code.
    By the way although its new I did default the panel also

1111 is the default code

Thanks very much Altor, 1111 did the trick, your reply is very much appreciated, silly over sight on my behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks very much Altor, 1111 did the trick, your reply is very much appreciated, silly over sight on my behalf

Glad I could help

• Advertisement
Advertisement