Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC opening drive-thru at Northside SC - yum yum!!

Options
  • 24-09-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Just reading in today's Irish Times that a KFC drive thru restaurant will open on the grounds of the Northside SC in Coolock soon. Obviously not great for those watching their weight but the jobs will be welcomed and those of us who love our southern fried chicken! :) Interestingly, one proposed for Navan a few months ago was rejected because it was too near to local schools

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/commercial-property/northside-nets-eight-tenants-1.1938912

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

KFC had a restaurant in Northside SC about 20 years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was never in my life so disappointed as I was the first time I had popcorn chicken in KFC. I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but it wasn't tepid, slightly dusty small balls of I don't know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

spurious wrote: »
    I was never in my life so disappointed as I was the first time I had popcorn chicken in KFC. I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but it wasn't tepid, slightly dusty small balls of I don't know what.

Chicken skin, I believe. Definitely heavily processed. Only things I'll touch from KFC are the burgers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

MYOB wrote: »
    Chicken skin, I believe. Definitely heavily processed. Only things I'll touch from KFC are the burgers.

What made it worse was I had waited until only a couple of years ago to even go into a KFC. Popcorn chicken...it sounded (and looked in photos) so tasty. Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

spurious wrote: »
    Popcorn chicken...it sounded (and looked in photos) so tasty. Oh dear.

I refuse to believe that "popcorn chicken" sounds tasty. Say it aloud.... "pop-corn chick-en". And then look at the glutinous pink mass of breadcrumbed shyte. :pac:

Although, I'll agree with a previous poster: the burgers are nice. Mmm zinger tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

BowWow wrote: »
    KFC had a restaurant in Northside SC about 20 years ago.
    Where was it? All I remember in Northside 20 years afo was wonder burger, graham o sullivan upstairs and the mall down at superquinn

Where was it? All I remember in Northside 20 years afo was wonder burger, graham o sullivan upstairs and the mall down at superquinn

It was the premises that's now the Cheers off-licence.

Beside the oak?

Its the building opposite the entrance to Atlantic. Pub was called The Black Sheep?? Now called Delaneys I think.

Black sheep then the oak then oscars then liz delaneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

MYOB wrote: »

Ive never been so disappointed by a burger than in KFC. Chicken, a single piece of lettuce and a tiny blob of mayo.
    Even a €1 mcdonalds burger has more toppings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

I cannot understand how that chain is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

KFC chicken wings are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

maryishere wrote: »
    I cannot understand how that chain is still going.

I know, it's bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

The Zinger Tower meal is the best fast food ever........only problem is KFC have terrible management.Had bad experience in their Jervis and Dundrum outlets(food was cold).McDonalds is bland but their management is 100 per cent.Rarely anybody has a bad experience in McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The worst case of food poisoning I ever got was from KFC. Took me a few days to fully recover. I complained to the store and the manager basically said that it was impossible for me to get food poisoning from a KFC store. Never ate there again after that obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

the amount of junk outlets in Ireland is unreal, no wonder half the population are obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The worst case of food poisoning I ever got was from KFC. Took me a few days to fully recover. I complained to the store and the manager basically said that it was impossible for me to get food poisoning from a KFC store. Never ate there again after that obviously.

Report to the food safety authority, not the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hachiko wrote: »
    the amount of junk outlets in Ireland is unreal, no wonder half the population are obese.

so a mcdonalds, kfc, numerous chippers and a burger king nearby coolock aswell. coolock wouldnt be the most affluent area so the link between junk food and less well off parts off the city looks well proven here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

neris wrote: »
    so a mcdonalds, kfc, numerous chippers and a burger king nearby coolock aswell. coolock wouldnt be the most affluent area so the link between junk food and less well off parts off the city looks well proven here

http://www.independent.ie/life/food-drink/raking-in-the-dough-26368190.html
    This week multinational food delivery giant Domino's Pizza revealed that Tallaght is the pizza capital of the world.

Domino's in the Square sells more pizzas than any of the company's 8,000 other branches around the world, knocking out a record-breaking 200 pizzas an hour, which is more than three pizzas a minute, 12 hours a day. The outlet is also the most profitable in the American company's 45-year history, the first to have an annual turnover of $3 million (?2.45m) a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

lots of big mommas in talla so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I look like Col. Harland Sanders. :o
    It's got nothing to do with the thread but I felt it important that people know this.

And no, I've never tried to get a staff discount.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement