Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cheap printer

Options
  • 24-09-2014 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for a printer for college, preferably one that doesn't cost a bomb to replace the ink cartridges (the last printer I owned, it was cheaper to buy a new printer with ink in it than to buy replacement cartridges :P ), so if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent bargain, let me know! Price range ~€60.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

rawn wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a printer for college, preferably one that doesn't cost a bomb to replace the ink cartridges (the last printer I owned, it was cheaper to buy a new printer with ink in it than to buy replacement cartridges :P ), so if anyone can point me in the direction of a decent bargain, let me know! Price range ~€60.
    Unless you have a need for colour, I'd suggest you focus on B&W laser printers. Inkjets just suck money out of your pocket. Some of the Brother printers are good value. I noticed one today in Tesco - I think it was this one. That model is €50.99 in Argos. You would something like that a lot faster and cheaper to run than an inkjet. Downside of that is that it doesn't seem to be wireless. If you want wifi you will need to pay bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?action=search&keywords=printer

Sometimes the UK shops have reductions at the same time as the Irish ones, eg argos, currys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hp are now doing a subscription on inks depending on your usage which makes it affordable.
    On certain printers they send an order request for new ink.

Advertisement