Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDG DIRECT? Calling previous employees**NEED HELP WITH A QUESTION**

Options
  • 24-09-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I just got phone-call from this company and the girl who was speaking with sounded like she had me on loud speaker & i could hear people texting in the back ground, (Phone going off) and sounded very fishy to me as if its one of these jobs up on lesson street selling door to door.

I Have been offered interview & immediate start,

ALL HELP REALLY NEEEDED....

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

the fact that they have offered you an immediate start BEFORE the interview must ring alarm bells. apparently they are a telemarketing company. so presumably making cold calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fusionballs

Thats what im saying, its very alarming...

I don't want to get messed around, because if i do i won't be held responsible for my actions,

Because they pay you monthly, and imagine you work for a month, then they say yeah their's a problem with wages or something!

Like and that's why i want to know more about this company before i go for the "immediate start"....

If it's like one of those companies on lesson street where you sell a product door to door and get paid monthly... im not interested in something like that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

did you ask them what the job actually? Were they very vague in their answer?

Beano wrote: »
    did you ask them what the job actually? Were they very vague in their answer?

She was saying what its about, But to me it just sounds to good to be true,

Thats why i would like some previous employee's insight, because if they operate how i experienced it, like its customer service role and ment to be a massive company as she said,

BUT

She rang me and i was like what was that echo? Sounded like she was in a bathroom and as if someone was beside her texting away because could hear the persons phone go off, as she called me of a mobile & not a office number?

If was a "massive international company" they would have a landline & most of all call me of it, thats from my experienced from getting interviews and stuff - they always call from a landline,

But i could be wrong, Just don't want to go and start this job even tho i have done interviews previously this week and have been invited back for one already, and wouldn't like to drop other jobs iv applied for because this job is more convenient for me. (City Center )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did you apply for a job there?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you apply for a job there?

Yeah over a month ago, And expected to hear nothing about it, then got a unexpected phone call yesterday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yeah over a month ago, And expected to hear nothing about it, then got a unexpected phone call yesterday

What was the job you applied for? They are currently recruiting call centre staff.
    If you check their website their is a fair bit of info on it.

And I'd not be worried about either being called from a mobile, or the noise, if it's an open plan office there can be masses of noise, especially in a call centre type environment

I work in an open plan office, and people are on calls all day, you'll often get people on the other end of the line complaining about the noise.

What was the job you applied for? They are currently recruiting call centre staff.
    If you check their website their is a fair bit of info on it.

And I'd not be worried about either being called from a mobile, or the noise, if it's an open plan office there can be masses of noise, especially in a call centre type environment

I work in an open plan office, and people are on calls all day, you'll often get people on the other end of the line complaining about the noise.

Yeah i understand all that, iv worked in a busy open office environment, with over 30 people,

But that person should atleast have their on office, and not be in a place that has a echo and constantly hear the person beside them their phone be constantly going off,

I Just want to make sure its not one of these fake business that, that they offer you a wage but then when start. Then they say they will pay you at the end of month and then they of course they say yeah didn't you know its commison only, bla bla bla.... i made it clear with person on the phone that is it a wage job? and she said yeah i get paid per hour and get paid monthly,

I just don't want to waste my time is all, you all have to understand the hassle of signing of the social welfare, i recently lost my job there not to long ago and had p45 and etc and then went up social and everything was sorted then hassle i got about payments saying would be there and of course the day i go down there not, I am just not going threw all that again...

Yeah i understand all that, iv worked in a busy open office environment, with over 30 people,

But that person should atleast have their on office, and not be in a place that has a echo and constantly hear the person beside them their phone be constantly going off,

Why should they have their own office? Likelihood is that they are just a junior HR/recruitment admin? It's not unusual to have HR staff in an open plan office

Also did she ask you were you available for an immediate start? IF so that's her way of checking that you are available, not guaranteeing you the job.

Why should they have their own office? Likelihood is that they are just a junior HR/recruitment admin? It's not unusual to have HR staff in an open plan office

Also did she ask you were you available for an immediate start? IF so that's her way of checking that you are available, not guaranteeing you the job.

Thanks for your opinion.., appreciate it

I Just want to make sure its not one of these fake business that, that they offer you a wage but then when start. Then they say they will pay you at the end of month and then they of course they say yeah didn't you know its commison only, bla bla bla.... i made it clear with person on the phone that is it a wage job? and she said yeah i get paid per hour and get paid monthly,

I just don't want to waste my time is all, you all have to understand the hassle of signing of the social welfare, i recently lost my job there not to long ago and had p45 and etc and then went up social and everything was sorted then hassle i got about payments saying would be there and of course the day i go down there not, I am just not going threw all that again...

That's my only concern, - iv been messed around before and don't fancy it happening again

• Advertisement

Thanks for your opinion.., appreciate it

That's my only concern, - iv been messed around before and don't fancy it happening again

http://www.idgdirect.com/about/what-is-idg-direct-2/

They've been around since 1964, honestly do a bit of research.

Will do, Thanks very much

Advertisement