Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Éireann route 133 (Wicklow - Dublin) Bus Route Query

• 24-09-2014 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

I have a couple of questions about the 133 bus route from Ashford in Wicklow to the Belfield (UCD) stop in Dublin.

1) Does anyone know how much the annual pass costs for the 133? I heard it is a lot cheaper if you get it through your employer on the taxsaver Commuter Scheme?

2) If you need to be at UCD by 7:45am, which bus should you be getting from Ashford?

Thanks!

Aisling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Affy wrote: »
    Hi

I have a couple of questions about the 133 bus route from Ashford in Wicklow to the Belfield (UCD) stop in Dublin.

1) Does anyone know how much the annual pass costs for the 133? I heard it is a lot cheaper if you get it through your employer on the taxsaver Commuter Scheme?

2) If you need to be at UCD by 7:45am, which bus should you be getting from Ashford?

Thanks!

Aisling

Those tickets are now issued as personalised leap cards.

Ashford is zone 3, which is €2409 annualy.
    Taxsaver ticket price is the same but the reduction in tax makes the overall cost either €1662.21 or €1156.32 depending on your tax bracket.

http://www.taxsaver.ie/Documents/Taxsaver_Leapv_Feb_2014.pdf

That leap card is valid for any travel on BE services within zones 1-3.

The 06.45 from Ashford should be at Belfield by 07.45, the 07.00 would probably not, depends on the traffic at Glen of the Downs and on the N11. The peak time 133 service that skips Bray is pretty quick, traffic allowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Affy

Thanks Vic08 that was really helpful
    Affy wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks!

Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Hey, I need to get this bus on Thursday morning but the opposite way to Wicklow.

Where is the actual Bus Éireann stop heading southbound to Wicklow? Is it beside the Montrose student accomodation?
    Can I pay with cash directly on the bus or do I need to top up my leap card?

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

meathawk wrote: »
    Hey, I need to get this bus on Thursday morning but the opposite way to Wicklow.

Where is the actual Bus Éireann stop heading southbound to Wicklow? Is it beside the Montrose student accomodation?
    Can I pay with cash directly on the bus or do I need to top up my leap card?

Thanks a lot!

Yes it picks up at the main stop on the slip road outside the student halls.

Cash or leap can be used.

Cash fares:
    10.30 : Adult Single
    17.20 : Adult Return
    8.00 : Student Single
    13.50 : Student Return
    57.50 : Adult 10 Journey
    14.50 : Adult Day Return
    50.50 : Student 10 Journey

Leap fares give a 16% discount for single trips or a Bus Eireann Blue Zone 24 hour pass is €16.80 Adult, €15.10 Student.

Advertisement