Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for a callback.....STILL!!

Options
  • 24-09-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I put in an order for efibre & phone line to be set up at our new address.  The efibre modem is already installed, all that needs doing is the phone line connecting.  I was told it would take 2 weeks for a technician to come out and was given an appointment for 23rd in the afternoon.  I rang yesterday morning to make sure this was going ahead and that I needed to stay in, I was told that in fact someone had come out on Friday without bothering to call me to see if that would be suitable. Either the technician didn't actually come out or I was out as I didn't see anyone from Eircom on Friday.

The appointment that was scheduled for 23rd was cancelled by someone at Eircom - even though it was still clearly needed as the work wasn't carried out.

I made numerous calls yesterday to try and sort this out, and spent well over an hour on the phone. I was passed from person to person and was eventually told someone would call me back with a time for a technician to come out.

I am STILL waiting for this call....

How difficult is it for one department to communicate with another? What sense is there in sending a technician out without calling in advance to confirm there will be someone in? Why hasn't anyone called me back to sort this out?

I've already waited 2 weeks to be connected and now you can't even be bothered to call me with a date for a new appointment - it's not good enough.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

LavaLamp wrote: »
    I put in an order for efibre & phone line to be set up at our new address.  The efibre modem is already installed, all that needs doing is the phone line connecting.  I was told it would take 2 weeks for a technician to come out and was given an appointment for 23rd in the afternoon.  I rang yesterday morning to make sure this was going ahead and that I needed to stay in, I was told that in fact someone had come out on Friday without bothering to call me to see if that would be suitable. Either the technician didn't actually come out or I was out as I didn't see anyone from Eircom on Friday.

The appointment that was scheduled for 23rd was cancelled by someone at Eircom - even though it was still clearly needed as the work wasn't carried out.

I made numerous calls yesterday to try and sort this out, and spent well over an hour on the phone. I was passed from person to person and was eventually told someone would call me back with a time for a technician to come out.

How difficult is it for one department to communicate with another? What sense is there in sending a technician out without calling in advance to confirm there will be someone in? Why hasn't anyone called me back to sort this out?

I've already waited 2 weeks to be connected and now you can't even be bothered to call me with a date for a new appointment - it's not good enough.
    I'm very sorry to hear this LavaLamp

I can fully understand your disappointment and apologise for this. Please PM me your order or account number and I will look further in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I can fully understand your disappointment and apologise for this. Please PM me your order or account number and I will look further in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan - PM sent with details.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

I'm awaiting an update from efibre order management - as soon as I have information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

I'm awaiting an update from efibre order management - as soon as I have information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan - any update yet?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks
    Anything? I want an answer before the weekend please, this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks
    Anything? I want an answer before the weekend please, this is getting ridiculous.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks
    I'm very sorry LavaLamp

I am still awaiting an update in your issue, I'll be in touch as soon as possible

Al

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks
    I'm very sorry LavaLamp

I am still awaiting an update in your issue, I'll be in touch as soon as possible

Al
    OK do I need to ring again - 3 weeks waiting for this is not acceptable.  I realise you are doing your best but this is taking too long to sort out.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi LavaLamp

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks
    I'm very sorry LavaLamp

Al
    OK do I need to ring again - 3 weeks waiting for this is not acceptable.  I realise you are doing your best but this is taking too long to sort out.
    Hi Alan, I rang again today and I *think* it's sorted.  Well as sorted as it can be!!  Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement