Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief for part time student & full time employee

Options
  • 24-09-2014 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi all, first of all I'll just say, I've tried to research this but can't seem to find anyone that will explain the process to me, so if anyone could It'd be greatly appreciated.

So I work full time, in a shop 40 hours a week. I go to dbs part time & currently in my 3rd year. I've worked from day one & have been paying tax all the while. I am looking for info on how to receive tax relief (& possibly refunded tax back that I've paid) year 1 & this year I paid the fees myself year 2 was paid by my employer whom I've since paid back.

If anyone can offer any help, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Hi all, first of all I'll just say, I've tried to research this but can't seem to find anyone that will explain the process to me, so if anyone could It'd be greatly appreciated.

So I work full time, in a shop 40 hours a week. I go to dbs part time & currently in my 3rd year. I've worked from day one & have been paying tax all the while. I am looking for info on how to receive tax relief (& possibly refunded tax back that I've paid) year 1 & this year I paid the fees myself year 2 was paid by my employer whom I've since paid back.

If anyone can offer any help, thanks.

Www.revenue.ie has all the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Just over €1,000 of fees paid per year is disregarded, you get 20% of the balance refunded. You can claim back for years 1 and 2 also.
    The form and details are here.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

Advertisement