Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 after collecting social welfare

Options
  • 24-09-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi, I tried to find a similar thread to see if somebody asked this question already in the past but I can't find anything.

Basically my query is, do you have to produce a P45 for your new employer if you've been on social welfare for a period?
    I had to give my p45 to the social welfare office when I signed on a couple of months ago.

If I get a new job now, what's the equivalent to hand to my new employer so that I wouldn't be on emergency tax?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Your P45 from your last employer if it is from this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Contact Revenue and ask for a certificate of tax credits if you don't have a P45
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/faqs/tax-credits-emergency-tax.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whatif...

Yes I gave my p45 to social welfare office when I signed on (this year).
    I've only been collecting for a couple of months.

Obv I don't have the P45 anymore to give to my new employer as I've already given it to social welfare office a couple of months ago.

Will my new employer not seek out the certificate of tax benefits form on my behalf?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

whatif... wrote: »

Will my new employer not seek out the certificate of tax benefits form on my behalf?

Thanks

No that's up to you to organise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Call revenue, give them your employers tax number, and they'll update it on ROS (Revenue Online).

Simple as piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 seachanges

Hey whatif.., how did it work out for you in the end? Was it ok just to call revenue and they sorted it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whatif...

Hiya the employer sorted it in the end I didn't have to do anything & wasn't emergency taxed

Advertisement