Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College lecturer inarticulate

Options
  • 24-09-2014 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm two weeks into an online third year ordinary degree by night.
    One of the teachers for two of my four subjects is inarticulate , her teaching method fails me, she has typos and generally rambles while lecturing.
    I had no choice tonight but to leave the online lecture as she again ignored a question I asked her and she also ignored another student.
    I contacted the head of department last week and finally today he got back to me with various excuses for the lecturer so I attempted another lecture tonight but it is clear now this teacher is not going to be able to teach me anything. Her presentations are incomplete . There are no notes given and I can't follow her to take any further notes myself.
    I have paid €1000 for the first semester plus €250 admission fee of which 70% of course fee is stated will be refunded and the admissions fee is non refundable .
    Surely this is unfair given that I would have stayed and completed the course if I had a proper teacher.
    Any advice warmly received. I'm going to have to contact the college tomorrow. What a waste of my year!! It's to late to apply to other colleges.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Thats a tough situation. In any 3rd level course, you can find bad lecturers,thats just human nature. If complaining to their boss gets you no-where then the only option is to try and teach yourself the module, with any material given and using books/internet etc. Has anyone else complained? If all the atendees complain there is more likely to be an action taken. Has any of the issues been brought up directly with the lecturer first?

Advertisement