Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog got hit by a car and has head trauma

• 24-09-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

My jack russell got hit by a car and has head trauma he is reponding to me when he sees me and if i call him.He is still in the vets but wont move out of the position he is laying in.He has had xrays done on his head and spine. He can move his leggs but cant stand.It has been 48 hours since he was hit.Has any one experienced any thing like this ? And was the out come good or did they have to put there dog to sleep ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 crystallamp

jackspots wrote: »
    My jack russell got hit by a car and has head trauma he is reponding to me when he sees me and if i call him.He is still in the vets but wont move out of the position he is laying in.He has had xrays done on his head and spine. He can move his leggs but cant stand.It has been 48 hours since he was hit.Has any one experienced any thing like this ? And was the out come good or did they have to put there dog to sleep ?

I'm so sorry you're going through this, it's very traumatic. My little dog was run over and whilst her injuries weren't identical to yours, she was in a bad way and in shock. She is fine now.

Hope the little guy pulls through.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Your poor dog OP :(
    What did the vets decide having seen the x-rays?
    My own dog was knocked down last year in an awful moment when I took my eye off the ball for a split second, and although it was a leg injury she sustained, she was massively bruised... to an extent that I don't think any of us really gave enough credit to. She was quite shell-shocked for days after the accident and barely moved for at least 3 days, and even at that it took several weeks before her general function returned to anywhere vaguely normal.
    Hold on in there OP, this is an awful time for you, I really feel for both you and your dog right now: what happened my dog that day still wakes me up at night. Horrible times.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Hi Jackspots, I saw your post under Carers and Caring and replied to you there, I didn't realise in time that you had found your way over here already! I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you both. J.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Give your little dog a bit of time, I'd a horseriding accident years ago and developed long term concussion, was three months before I was right again.

It's shocking to happen to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Hope your dog gets better .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

How's he doing, Jackspots? I hope he's a lot better!

Advertisement