Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get large bras?

• 24-09-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My friend is looking to get some new bras, to be honest, she's not wearing ones with enough support at all and I'm trying to get her to go and get herself measured once and for all.

However she really needs a new bra wardrobe so to speak but I'm not sure where to direct her.

Can anyone please recommend sites that cater for larger bra sizes (not sure of the exact size as of yet, but I'm thinking she could be a G/H or similar and possibly a 42/44 at the back too) and she needs them in 100% cotton as she has very sensitive skin and the plainer the better.. she finds lace and frills irritates her skin.

Oh and she doesn't want underwired either.. If that's not asking too much! :p

Doesn't have to be an Irish site, UK would be fine too.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Get her to measure herself properly first - another user posted this link recently and it's really helpful as a guide:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide
    Once she's determined her size range, the best course of action is to find a bricks-and-mortar lingerie shop where she can try on some bras and take a note of the brands and styles that suit her shape and needs.
    Freya bras are available in Arnotts up to 38H, although I'm not sure they do cotton or non-wired. Arnotts also have a basic white non-wired bra in her probable size range, although again they don't give any info on fabric.
    Ordering online without seeing, feeling and fitting on the bras could be pretty costly unless she has some experience of the brand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to Fashion forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

If she wants a plus size bra and non-wired, Marks and Spencer or Debenhams are good bets, and probably your best bet for ticking the box for cotton fabric as well. It sounds like she hasn't done much knowledgeable bra shopping so she should try on some different kinds. I wear plus size bras as well (38F, have been 40F previously) and when your assets are that size, they don't just go in any bra. I'd recommend she tries underwired bras as well - from my experience, non-wired simply do not hold them up or support them, and she seems to be a bigger size than me.

Just as an aside, though M&S are great for bras, a lot of people would tell you that their sizing system goes kind of differently to everywhere else. Lots of people have posted online that they're a band size bigger and cup size smaller in M&S than in other stores.

Advertisement