Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk hotel/b&b

Options
  • 24-09-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Somewhere reasonable ,walking disrance from the town if possible,any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Glengat House is probably the best option, it's only a few mins from the town centre and it's not expensive. For a decent hotel you're looking on the outskirts and a necessary cab trip Crowne Plaza being the best of those ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

There's a grand b&b in town called Lismar b&b and self-service apartments.You get a choice of either.My uncle stays in the self-service apartments when he's home from Europe and highly rccomends it.
    http://www.lismar.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Glengat House
    There's a grand b&b in town called Lismar b&b and self-service apartments.

In fact these two are on the same street (which is quiet after dark and ideal if you need a good sleep!). Both very good. And as said, ideal for the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Thats great, cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

mod9maple wrote: »
    In fact these two are on the same street (which is quiet after dark and ideal if you need a good sleep!). Both very good. And as said, ideal for the town centre.

I booked a friend into Glencat in June for a saturday night, she said it was very noisy during the wee small hours with people coming in from the pubs/clubs....So maybe not the best option if you need your beauty sleep. Apart from that she liked it....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I booked a friend into Glencat in June for a saturday night, she said it was very noisy during the wee small hours with people coming in from the pubs/clubs....So maybe not the best option if you need your beauty sleep. Apart from that she liked it....:)

Well I said the street was quiet, not the guests on any given night! ;)

Advertisement