Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK licence question

Options
  • 24-09-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey guys,

Ive recently moved over to the UK and looking to get things moving on a bike licence and training courses.

Before I came over I got my theory test done but didnt get any further than that - didnt get the learner permit or do any training. I dont have any background with bikes - no experience, starting from scratch.
    My question: can I use the Irish theory test to get a UK learner permit? Alternatively, if I applied for an Irish learner permit and got it sent over, could I use that to start my CBT over here?

Tricky to find the information Im looking for here so any responses appreciated. I also have a full Irish driving licence for 5 years which I'm considering swapping for a UK one, but thats another issue. .

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

No as it is a different country.

You will have to do a UK one.

About changing your licence over you dont have to do that until your licence expires. What ever a cop will say to you. Eu law trumps UK law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Better to start fresh in the uk.
    Irish theory test and Learner permit are not valid outside Rep of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 millser19

Bummer, thanks anyways guys

Advertisement