Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked car bumper repair

Options
  • 25-09-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in/around the city that can fix a cracked rear bumper? Car got a bit small ding the other week and while it's not major, it bugs me :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend somewhere in/around the city that can fix a cracked rear bumper? Car got a bit small ding the other week and while it's not major, it bugs me :D

Different people will have had wildly different views on here as there have been a number of threads on it.

I would highly recommend Damien Irish in slieverue. He did a dull respray on my car and the finish was perfect and still is two years later.

I would steer clear of Gary Coker at all costs. Repaired damage to an old car of mine years ago and did an appalling job putting the car back together. Electric windows didn't work at all and central locking only occasionally. Had to go back twice for it to be finished properly.

No experience of anyone else personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Davy Pickard in the westside business park on the old Kilmeadan road i would highly recommend him he really knows his stuff and actually takes pride in his job unlike a lot around the town

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

lassykk wrote: »
    Different people will have had wildly different views on here as there have been a number of threads on it.

I would highly recommend Damien Irish in slieverue. He did a dull respray on my car and the finish was perfect and still is two years later.

I would steer clear of Gary Coker at all costs. Repaired damage to an old car of mine years ago and did an appalling job putting the car back together. Electric windows didn't work at all and central locking only occasionally. Had to go back twice for it to be finished properly.

No experience of anyone else personally.

Can't fault Gary Coker, all my family get any body work done at his garage, never had a problem.
    Maybe he had a bad day or perhaps the worker that did the car had one.
    Perhaps since it was years ago the worker had moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    i'd steer clear of damien irish as well if you like your car to actually come back to ya and not disappear from his workshop, i would recommend james o rourke in riverstown industrial estate in tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

possibly be cheaper to get a bumper in the same colour from a breakers yard or someone breaking sam as car than to go repairing what you have and then spraying it,,and seeing as it looks like it a bumper off mk4 golf or bora,why bother repairing it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement