Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished pc

Options
  • 25-09-2014 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Has anyone bought the refurbished pc from the OXFAM website? Their basic specs for their top desktop look good for the price ! Would need to get more detail though! Has anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shayfarrell

Really. Any particular reasons? Any recommendations for a good affordable desktop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Really. Any particular reasons? Any recommendations for a good affordable desktop?

What are you going to be using the PC for?

Mainly for Autocad.
    So i think the main points are
    1)quick processor
    2)good ram and
    3)good graphics card

But I am not sure so would appreciate any advice.

Mainly for Autocad.
    So i think the main points are
    1)quick processor
    2)good ram and
    3)good graphics card

But I am not sure so would appreciate any advice.

Would you consider building your own PC? It's a lot easier then you might think. You'd get way more bag for your buck. How much did you want to spend?

• Advertisement

That's the problem!!! The budget is tight! Probably around the €600 mark!!!!!!!

That's the problem!!! The budget is tight! Probably around the €600 mark!!!!!!!

It's not too bad. Go over to the building a PC forum and fill out the form on how to ask
    The lads will sort you out
    I built my sons gaming PC for 600 euro. The thing is you could always add better bits down the road. Like a better GPU or more RAM.

I will give that a go so .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Great Advice there, care to tell anyone why ?

Shay, Autocad recommend 8GB memory for their latest software, I'd be inclined to go for at least that in a desktop.

col.in.Cr wrote: »

21/25

Hi,

Can you recommend anywhere in the Lucan or Arklow areas for a custom build or anywhere to buy a refurbished pc.

Any ideas on the processor?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Plenty of pcs for sale on adverts.ie,
    make sure it has a fast cpu,
    and a pci-e express graphics card.
    USE recommended specs pc for autocad as a guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

uch wrote: »
    Great Advice there, care to tell anyone why ?

Shay, Autocad recommend 8GB memory for their latest software, I'd be inclined to go for at least that in a desktop.

Ok it was early I was leaving the house,I just didn't want the OP wasting his cash on that,as the other posters said,head over to the PC building and upgrading forums and the lads and girls there will spec you a nice machine for your budget,You can always add in a GFX card later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Look on youtube , how to build a pc.
    Take precautions re static damage, when putting in ram, and cpu, and motherboard.

Advertisement