Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gooners v Tottenham

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPCpLKxatGEiYiEdHvQ2UAh6hZSt0IpqmaG1m8i8RPQ6yEA7DBmQ

Playing one up top isn't really working. Soldado for me should start regardless, but he needs a striking partner. arsenal are no world beaters, time for the players to show some bite.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPCpLKxatGEiYiEdHvQ2UAh6hZSt0IpqmaG1m8i8RPQ6yEA7DBmQ

Playing one up top isn't really working. Soldado for me should start regardless, but he needs a striking partner. arsenal are no world beaters, time for the players to show some bite.

Not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this one. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't agree. Playing two up top away from home is suicide. Yes, home against West Brom last weekend we should've used two up top.

Though tomorrow we need to be more compact. Fill the midfield and stop Arsenal playing through the centre. Also, we need to drop the high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I don't for a second believe we'll play two up top, maybe in the last 20 minutes when were 2-0 down. Just wishful thinking. Adebayor will start, he'll fluff his chances, arsenal will score...game over.

We can stifle them all we want by packing the midfield, but it's unlikely we'll catch them on the break due to us lacking any real pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think we will be absolutely destroyed. We will play a high line as usual with one up front (adebayour)

3-0 and no shots on goal for us

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No confidence in this to be honest. Arsenal haven't been great either, but defensively we are awful at the moment. They'll get a goal within 5 minutes, and just control the game from there.

3-1 to Arsenal i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have No confidence in this either. A dour 2-0 loss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I do fear for us in this game,would be more than happy with a draw.I won't see any of the game either cos I'll be in Croke park watching Tipp beat the cats;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

tippspur wrote: »
    I do fear for us in this game,would be more than happy with a draw.I won't see any of the game either cos I'll be in Croke park watching Tipp beat the cats;):cool:

Same here. So the potential is there to be doubly sickened. Im gonna stay positive and go with both spurs and tipp to win by 1.

2-3 and 3-18 to 1-23. Hon the county! Coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I am not sure who is going to play in Defence for us and if it is Kaboul and the Romanian we will probably lose. Does he play Verts or is there something going on there?

Maybe we will see a reaction after the WBA game, I know its wishful thinking and I hoped the same after the Pool game.

It is mostly negative expectations for Saturday and going on recent league form is understandable. I just hope we dont get stuffed, cant be good for confidence. I would be afraid of a hiding from City if this one goes bad, then another disaster of a season with a possible sacking again.

I would be thrilled with a good performance and a draw and we can improve as the season goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Have to echo everyone else in saying there isn't really much chance of even getting a draw. We dont have many players left who understand the meaning of this game so doubt many will step up to the stage.

3-0 home win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Kind of sickened when I seen we were playing Arsenal this weekend, definitely coming too soon. It has finished 5-2 at the Emirates the last two seasons and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same scoreline this weekend.

So pretty much everyone is agreed that we'll get tanked, I'd usually have some optimism, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised? If we play like we did against Forrest & West Brom, lights out.

Were predictable and easy to set up against, it wasn't till Mason came on that we started to create anything. Direct early balls, teams must be in awe of our side way passing. Lamela is the one capable of that, he's a forward thinking player. Eriksen hasn't turned up this season, I'd be inclined to use him as an impact sub on Saturday.

Vertonghen & Kaboul to marshal the back four, there the most experienced. Alongside Naughton & Rose. If we could somehow get an early goal and silence the crowd. Sit back and defend and we'll be quashed. We can't soak up pressure like Chelsea.

Also if there selected, I hope someone creams wiltshire, flamini & arteta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

So pretty much everyone is agreed that we'll get tanked, I'd usually have some optimism, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised? If we play like we did against Forrest & West Brom, lights out.

Were predictable and easy to set up against, it wasn't till Mason came on that we started to create anything. Direct early balls, teams must be in awe of our side way passing. Lamela is the one capable of that, he's a forward thinking player. Eriksen hasn't turned up this season, I'd be inclined to use him as an impact sub on Saturday.

Vertonghen & Kaboul to marshal the back four, there the most experienced. Alongside Naughton & Rose. If we could somehow get an early goal and silence the crowd. Sit back and defend and we'll be quashed. We can't soak up pressure like Chelsea.

Also if there selected, I hope someone creams wiltshire, flamini & arteta.

This is why the big teams werent in for eriksen - too inconsistent.

This weekend is a cracker - pool v everton / spurs v arsenal / golf / tipp v cats

yippee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Were predictable and easy to set up against, it wasn't till Mason came on that we started to create anything.

I can't agree more with this. We're way to predictable, though unlike Liverpool who came and soaked up our possession, Arsenal will leave gaps for us to expose. I think it could be a high scoring game.

5-2 again, as someone said. Maybe 5-3, 5-4.

Sit back and defend and we'll be quashed. We can't soak up pressure like Chelsea.

I don't get this though. If we can't soak up pressure like Chelsea - surely we can soak up pressure like Leicester did at Stamford Bridge or Liverpool did at the Lane or Stoke did at the Etihad. What I'm trying to say is, it's not a hard tactic. Stay compact and defend for your lives on the 18 yard line. Keep the back four tight and push Arsenal down the wings. I think at Spurs there is a pressure to win games the 'Tottenham Way', but fook that - give me the points and make sure we don't get hammered please!

I get what your saying, but we really don't know how to defend. Forrest glided through our midfield and defense like they weren't even there. Liverpool did the same.

Mourinho has the entire team defending as a unit, as he does with all his teams. We've no Terry/Cahill, just four slow cb's playing a deadly game of cat and mouse. Jaysus I'd love a boring 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Flook it

Early red card for foul on Lamela..He gets fouled a lot in every game.
    Spurs to win 4-1.
    Audere est Facere.
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

not confident at all but form usually goes out the window in the NLD so fingers crossed we can keep a clean sheet and nick a 2nil with goals from Lamela and a Soldado peno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Can anyone suggest a central pub in Dublin which will probably be showing this instead of or as well as the hurling final?

Lemag wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a central pub in Dublin which will probably be showing this instead of or as well as the hurling final?

Tom Mayes - Dorset street

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Tom Mayes - Dorset street
    Any likely options on the south side but also central?

On topic, with Poch having pretty much a full squad to choose from and the Gooners having a few injury concerns I'm going to be optimistic about this one and go for 1-1..

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    Any likely options on the south side but also central?

On topic, with Poch having pretty much a full squad to choose from and the Gooners having a few injury concerns I'm going to be optimistic about this one and go for 1-1..

Murrays
    River Bar
    Sinnotts Bar
    Woolshed
    Czech Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Will take a point of any description!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

0-1 soldado sub winner….

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

If the team shows some heart and passion and we defend with some competence
    then I'll be happy.
    It's games like these where our manager will show what he's made of tactically.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

4-0 Arsenal,i hope to jaysis i'm wrong,but i can't see anything other than another demolition.
    I don't blame Poch,it will take him a few transfer windows to clear out all the deadwood and reshape the team to his liking.
    I just hope he keeps us up in the top 6-8 while he does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Where is this optimism coming from. We lost 5-2 in our last two visits and we where in considerably better shape going into those games.

3 nights ago a second string championship team played us off the park for 75 mins.

Kaboul and Vlad are set to start... its curtains for us already.

I know that sounds very pesimestic but I'd prefer to think of it been realistic.

It will be frantic and there defense is poor too so there will be goals. Another 5-2 hammering is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Where is this optimism coming from. We lost 5-2 in our last two visits and we where in considerably better shape going into those games.

3 nights ago a second string championship team played us off the park for 75 mins.

Kaboul and Vlad are set to start... its curtains for us already.

I know that sounds very pesimestic but I'd prefer to think of it been realistic.

It will be frantic and there defense is poor too so there will be goals. Another 5-2 hammering is on the cards.

I reckon vert will start

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I reckon vert will start

4-2 So.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

5-0 to arsenal. We'll be 3-0 down at half time they'll score the 4th just after the restart the 2nd half will consist of all the spurs senior players showing us how much fight they have in them. Which is none.
    After The match the media then start increasing the pressure on poch already.
    Like other posters I hope I'm very wrong but I can't see any other result at the moment.

• Advertisement

tom1ie wrote: »
    After The match the media then start increasing the pressure on poch already.

I don't think they will. Not this time. Even the media hacks are sick of blaming the latest spurs manager.
    The media might turn on the players but I'd say DL will be the main target.

Advertisement