Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line Query

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hello,

I moved into a house 3 years ago. It has a phone point in the hall, that I have never used and there has not been a phone connected to it in my time.

Is it still possible to get broadband on this line? and how would I find out the number?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Other threads being answered so bumping in the hope of some attention! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sleephead wrote: »
    Other threads being answered so bumping in the hope of some attention! 

Hi Sleephead

The line would need to be activated before broadband can be ordered.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I can confirm that any reconnection either remotely or on site ordered through eircom will include a 12 month contract for the line itself and the same applied for broadband when ordered.[/font]

Attaching a phone to the socket and dialing 199000 should result in an automated voice reading the old number back to you but this only happens if the line can be reactivate remotely (without engineer).

An engineer is sometimes required when the line has not been active for a couple of months or if damage has been made to the line externally or internally.

If you would like to have the line activated by eircom to begin the process of ordering broadband please contact sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

do you have fibre broadband in Carlanstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleephead

Hi Sleephead

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I can confirm that any reconnection either remotely or on site ordered through eircom will include a 12 month contract for the line itself and the same applied for broadband when ordered.[/font]

Attaching a phone to the socket and dialing 199000 should result in an automated voice reading the old number back to you but this only happens if the line can be reactivate remotely (without engineer).

An engineer is sometimes required when the line has not been active for a couple of months or if damage has been made to the line externally or internally.

If you would like to have the line activated by eircom to begin the process of ordering broadband please contact sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you for the reply. Can I ask, what is the charge to reactivity the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sleephead wrote: »
    Hi Sleephead

I can confirm that any reconnection either remotely or on site ordered through eircom will include a 12 month contract for the line itself and the same applied for broadband when ordered.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you for the reply. Can I ask, what is the charge to reactivity the line?
    There's no activation charge at present Sleephead

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement