Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 4S no WIFI

• 25-09-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

so my wifi started to stop connecting and got replaced with the letter E on the top left. a reset would fix this. then it started greying out for a few days and now its permantly greyed out so i cant do anyhting at all.

i saw some hairdryer tricks on youtube but theyre supposed to last a few hours only. do i need a new wifi chip? where is the best place in dublin city or online to do this? and how much?

im lost without having use of wifi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Hair-dryer reset should last about a week in my experience. I haven't heard of any chip replacements that work 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hair-dryer reset should last about a week in my experience. I haven't heard of any chip replacements that work 100%.

i may try it but i dont want to be hairdrying my phone every few days. wouldnt the wifi chip replacement be a permanent fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Have you got Cellular data turned on ??? might be taking priority over the WIFI !!
    Settings > General > Network > Cellular data

its turned off. i did the hairdryer trick and its working again. i dont fancy hairdrying my phone to the point of not being able to touch it a couple of times a week. would a new wifi chip/antenna thingy be a permanent fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Replacing the wifi IC is not a fix in my experience. Similar to the hairdryer - it will last for a few weeks, few months at most. I believe with the latest ioS installed it will be closer to a few weeks than a few months. I have tried it numerous times with different phones and the result was the same. I think 8-10 weeks was the longest I have got from a new IC. That was with ioS 6 if I'm not mistaken.

• Advertisement

Replacing the wifi IC is not a fix in my experience. Similar to the hairdryer - it will last for a few weeks, few months at most. I believe with the latest ioS installed it will be closer to a few weeks than a few months. I have tried it numerous times with different phones and the result was the same. I think 8-10 weeks was the longest I have got from a new IC. That was with ioS 6 if I'm not mistaken.

im on ios7. dont want to update to 8 as its got bad reviews on the 4S....ok if it lasts a few weeks, then its not so bad but its a disgrace how its happening to begin with

android, anyone :P ?

Advertisement