Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots impossible to get off. Help please.

• 25-09-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

I am a bit ashamed to have to ask this question. I bought these boots the other day

http://www.clarks.ie/product/26104658/

They are the right size but I am finding them very hard to get on and off. I guess because the leather is stiff. I normally wear boots with zips but fell in love with this. Has anyone got any tips or tricks to getting them off easier?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Talc powder can help get tight/new boots on/off in the early days before they stretch a little. Pretty boots, btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Foot reduction surgery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

convert wrote: »
    Talc powder can help get tight/new boots on/off in the early days before they stretch a little. Pretty boots, btw :)

Thanks, I will try that. I was thinking of wearing pop socks instead of ordinary socks for a while as well.

I had been wondering if there was such a thing reverse shoe horn for boots but haven't had much luck with google.

endacl wrote: »
    Foot reduction surgery?

Probably a bit of a drastic just to get a pair of boots on and off but thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

This might sound a bit silly but it might help. Feet swell as the day goes on so it might be an idea to sit with your feet up for half an hour or so after you get home. Give them a chance to cool down and get back to normal size. Then take them off.
    Might help until they loosen out a bit after a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Miaireland wrote: »
    Thanks, I will try that. I was thinking of wearing pop socks instead of ordinary socks for a while as well.

I had been wondering if there was such a thing reverse shoe horn for boots but haven't had much luck with google.

There is! A thing you stick your heel into to help pull it off. Common problem for horse folk, ill look it up for you.

fineso.mom wrote: »
    This might sound a bit silly but it might help. Feet swell as the day goes on so it might be an idea to sit with your feet up for half an hour or so after you get home. Give them a chance to cool down and get back to normal size. Then take them off.
    Might help until they loosen out a bit after a few weeks.

Thanks, will try that. :)

Here you are, its called a boot jack. You stand on it with one foot, stick your heel in with other, and pull the boot off.

https://www.triequestrian.ie/product?prodref=483-0010-01&proddesc=Wooden-Boot-Jack&category=pg_ACCESSO172163&catdesc=Socks---Accessories

Just looked at the boots, mightn't work with those..

Nice boots. Clarks have upped the game quite a bit the last 5 years ish. :)

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    Nice boots. Clarks have upped the game quite a bit the last 5 years ish. :)

I was really impressed with them. I usually only go to Clarks for work shoes but have bought a few non work pairs with them over the last few months.

fits wrote: »
    There is! A thing you stick your heel into to help pull it off. Common problem for horse folk, ill look it up for you.

I am glad I am not the only person with this issue. I felt a bit of a fool having to post this to be honest.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I was really impressed with them. I usually only go to Clarks for work shoes but have bought a few non work pairs with them over the last few months.

I got some purple ballet pumps with really decent soles there. Usually pumps have really rubbish soles but I wear these a lot and they still look new. I got some chelsea boots with a 1.5 inch heel last year, everyone asks where I got them. They look really good under jeans if you don't want to wear heels or trainers.

I've got a suede shoulder bag with a tassle thingy from Clarkes sale, 30 sterling reduced from 110, and as nice as my Mulberry. They're doing better stuff than ever, and it's great quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Pop socks could work. I had been going to suggest it, but wasn't sure if they'd work with a short boot. It's likely that they'll be much easier to get them on/off when they stretch a little with wear, but in the meantime I'd say the boot pull would work. I've used them for short boots before and it was a great help.

Advertisement