Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trees being felled in tramore ?

• 25-09-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why a lot of trees are being cut down on the edge of tramore ?
    It looks like its a forest but was lovely to look at but nearly half has gone within a couple of weeks ( or that's what it seems like ?!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

was thinking same thing myself its such a shame to see them gone

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

It is it looks so empty there now, I travel the road every day an they seem to be making fast work of it, today they were all
    Piled ready to go, I just hope they don't do too much more, it was beautiful to look at.

It is it looks so empty there now, I travel the road every day an they seem to be making fast work of it, today they were all
    Piled ready to go, I just hope they don't do too much more, it was beautiful to look at.
    i'd say the whole lot is up for the chop by the looks of it, i pity the people that own the house on the road they now have no shelter from the elements with the tree's gone

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Yes I thought that to, it will blow straight across now and over, they will feel it this winter !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Can anyone tell me why a lot of trees are being cut down on the edge of tramore ?
    It looks like its a forest but was lovely to look at but nearly half has gone within a couple of weeks ( or that's what it seems like ?!)

It's a crop it is mature and being harvested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

i'd say the whole lot is up for the chop by the looks of it, i pity the people that own the house on the road they now have no shelter from the elements with the tree's gone

Well, they still have whopping great hill behind them, so to look at it another way, they now stand some chance of getting a bit of light in the evening.

JMcL wrote: »
    Well, they still have whopping great hill behind them, so to look at it another way, they now stand some chance of getting a bit of light in the evening.
    well i suppose when you look at it that way it will have its advantages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What happened on the Doneraile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I got a great stall there in 1976 one dark night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What appears to have happened on the Doneraile? Or is it some sort of whodunit?

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    What appears to have happened on the Doneraile? Or is it some sort of whodunit?
    whats happens on the doneraile stays on the doneraile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

yep-seen it a week or so ago-couldn't get over it-whole thing depleted-is there a development going up behind it??seems to be activity started on the top of the hill---such a shame-i'd say the people in those two houses in front of it are sick

As wellboytoo said, it was a conifer plantation, a crop, harvested. Like cornfields look pretty all golden and the wind waving it, but it gets harvested, otherwise why bother planting it. It will no doubt be replanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

my local postman told me they are building an aldi and a marks and spencers there

my local postman told me they are building an aldi and a marks and spencers there

Yay! split level I suppose?

i take it your postman is pucker power?? and if so he is taking the michael outta ya lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I heard it was Lidl and Brown Thomas.

Advertisement