Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton 27th Sept 12.45

• 25-09-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Liverpool host city rivals Everton on Saturday in the merseyside derby. Both teams come into the game off the back o some poor form. Both have only 2 wins each from their last 5 matches.

However, form tends to go out the window in this fixture an anything can happen. A win for either will kick start their season.

Prediction: liverpool 1 - 3 Everton

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

3-3 all draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Can see Everton winning this comfortably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't care, I'm only following the 18s and 21s for the rest of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This could end 5-4 to someone the way both teams are defending this season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goals, penalties, yellow and red cards one or two nasty two footed tackles just a typical merseyside derby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Liverpool 2-4 Everton in a calamitous display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's very difficult to know until we see how Liverpool are going to line up.

A good, well balanced Liverpool with Sturridge off the bench would be strong favourites for me.

But if it's more Gerrard/Lucas shenanigans we'll get mangled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Somebody on the radio (might have been Off The Ball) was saying Liverpool haven't lost to Everton in Anfield since 1999 , the same weekend the US won the Ryder Cup ...

wonder what odds on the same results this weekend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Mignolet to silence the doubters and bag a hattrick.

Mignolet to then encourage the doubters by conceding 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Don't forget the ladies team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

15-14 on penos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5-5, hat-tricks for Manquillo and Coleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can I ask the Pool fans here if this fixture vs Everton means more than any others? Like does the derby factor come into it for fans over here much? I know United would always be the big one but is this a close second or just another match? Always wondered that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Omackeral wrote: »
    Can I ask the Pool fans here if this fixture vs Everton means more than any others? Like does the derby factor come into it for fans over here much? I know United would always be the big one but is this a close second or just another match? Always wondered that.

I'd say you'd get very different answers from Liverpudlians than those from Ireland.

A lot of the natives reallllyyy don't like Everton (they have to deal with Evertonians all the time so the rivalry is a bigger deal).

To me, it's more or less just another game and I actually find Everton ok, particularly since Martinez took over. They play some nice stuff and can usually be relied upon to take points off some of our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'd agree with Gbear as well...it's just another game for me as I'm not from Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Traditionally yes i like a bit of rivalry, 1989 Cup Final was a great contest. Been to the derby at Anfield (albeit 1999 so 15years ago!) and great craic, more banter than bitter. These days there's likely to be 3 or 4 Irish lads playing for Everton and 3 of those are arguably our 3 best players right now, so hard to hate them.

I enjoy the occasion, players usually up for it, but no real hard feelings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Probably a bigger game for local fans than for fans from outside Liverpool. They have to work (and often live) side by side with Everton fans all week.

Great game to go to though. Been to 3 derbies. Always great entertainment and usually plenty of goals and red cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I don't think either set of fans is really looking forward to this...

If Coleman is back fit then I'd fancy a draw.

If he's not...I don't want to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Pessimistic about this one for Everton as usual. With both teams in terrible form it could be a shocker with more incident than football.

Ranchu wrote: »
    Pessimistic about this one for Everton as usual. With both teams in terrible form it could be a shocker with more incident than football.

The thing I hate about this game is when it's the early Saturday kick-off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Will you be sitting on your hands if the seniors win?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The early sat kick off is ideal this weekend. I've the derby, the Ryder cup, the all Ireland and then mcgregor early Sunday morning.

I won't be right till next weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hard to call, neither are firing on all cylinders lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Derby matches are only a big deal for those living in the city imo. The Everton games are enjoyable because of the atmosphere in the stadium, transmitting that extra urgency into the players performances.

If I had to choose between beating everton or chelsea/united I would take the latter every time. Its not like I'm going to be slaughtered by hordes of Everton fans in work on Monday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Why do Liverpool fans feel the need to start a thread for every game?

Will there actually be many local reds at the game with all the Scandinavian lars who fly in Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

17-0 to liverpool

I HATE the derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Will there actually be many local reds at the game with all the Scandinavian lars who fly in Saturday morning

You're not really a nice guy, I can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

0-0

Defences on top, in dull and incident free draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Havent Everton shipped all there 13 goals in like 15 shots on target or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Must be tough being pinned down and forced to read and post in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Fescue wrote: »
    0-0

Defences on top, in dull and incident free draw.

You obviously haven't seen much of Liverpool this season! :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Reckon Liverpool will either win this or lose it but having said that they could end up drawing it either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I hope they remember to turn off the bleeding sprinklers tomorrow night. The amount of slipping for the last match was unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Liverpool will win even though not in form they always have upper hand in these games.

Would not be surprised if Liverpool won by 3 or 4, but most likely narrow win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Any kind of a win will do. We are not playing well, but neither are they, but its a derby so anything is possible. Pool to win by a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I've a feeling it will be a draw, but if Everton win it wouldn't surprise me, I half expect a Liverpool win too though. Expecting a clean game with not many 'incidents' or cards given but the fact that it's a derby means it's likely there'll be an incident or two with a red card/s along with it. Should be a high scoring game with both defences leaking goals but I wouldn't be shocked if they tighten up for this one, 0-0 would be worth a bet.

You heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

There's a fierce amount of Liverpool fans in Ireland though so being an Everton fan may hold a bit more weight over here for us. I look forward to liverpool and utd more than any other fixture. I'm too old to know any Chelsea or City fans.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Considering how crap both defences have been actually they will probably go against the grain and play out a bore 0-0.

This game could really go either way though. If Sturridge is back (looks like he won't be) and fit then that should hopefully give enough impetus to Liverpool to win the game. Gutted I won't be there as I was planning to be, but looking forward to it all the same.

Ranchu wrote: »
    I'm too old to know any Chelsea or City fans.

I know a lot of Chelsea fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I've a feeling it will be a draw, but if Everton win it wouldn't surprise me, I half expect a Liverpool win too though. Expecting a clean game with not many 'incidents' or cards given but the fact that it's a derby means it's likely there'll be an incident or two with a red card/s along with it. Should be a high scoring game with both defences leaking goals but I wouldn't be shocked if they tighten up for this one, 0-0 would be worth a bet.

You heard it here first.
    Good to see someone nail their colours to the mast and not sit on the fence.

• Advertisement

5live wrote: »
    Good to see someone nail their colours to the mast and not sit on the fence.

That's exactly where I'm coming from. Don't see the point of people covering every possible outcome in their predictions then acting as if they foretold the result afterwards. Creeps me out.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Reckon Liverpool will either win this or lose it but having said that they could end up drawing it either.
    DVDM93 wrote: »

You heard it here first.

Nah not having this.
    Literally a few posts above your post, I made the same prediction and I've quoted myself there to prove it.
    Admittedly, your prediction is pure McVities digestives, where no expense was spared and they are perfect for dunking and my post was more like st.bernards or super-valu own brand style digestives, where every cover is cut and there are no frills and they taste of cardboard. Also they are crap at dunking as they are forever breaking and getting stuck in the bottom of your mug.
    But I'm not having my post being ignored.

Really can only see the team getting a good result.

Nah not having this.
    Literally a few posts above your post, I made the same prediction and I've quoted myself there to prove it.
    Admittedly, your prediction is pure McVities digestives, where no expense was spared and they are perfect for dunking and my post was more like st.bernards or super-valu own brand style digestives, where every cover is cut and there are no frills and they taste of cardboard. Also they are crap at dunking as they are forever breaking and getting stuck in the bottom of your mug.
    But I'm not having my post being ignored.

Really can only see the team getting a good result.

Sorry x

edit: come over to mine to watch the game, we'll share a pack of milk chocolate McVities digestives and a pot of tea :)

Dark chocolate or get away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dark chocolate. You freak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

4-2 win for LFC!

• Both Defence's look poor of late, should be goals.

Hard see Everton getting the win, hasn't happened at Anfield in 15 years??

A draw the likely outcome.

Also, back Liverpool to be awarded a penalty. Easy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Both Defence's look poor of late, should be goals.

Hard see Everton getting the win, hasn't happened at Anfield in 15 years??

A draw the likely outcome.

Also, back Liverpool to be awarded a penalty. Easy money.

I agree with the draw prediction.

it is funny though, how you tried your best to be objective and sensible, but at the end, you couldn't help yourself!

Dark chocolate? You fcuking scumbag. There are threads made in AHs about sick bastards like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Draw. Drama. Messy match thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement