Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton 27th Sept 12.45

Comments

• Delighted that turned out a draw. What a goal to level it.

Everton deserved to get the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Delighted that turned out a draw. What a goal to level it.

Tell us again about the Gareth Barry penalty incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't know why people are blaming poor defending for a wonder strike.

Balotelli's miss is the big one. Take that chance and it's game over.

Just not as clinical as last season. Sturridge needed back asap.

Balotelli should have really scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Where do you want him to head it?!?
    Head the ball towards the touch line! Putting a lofted header just in front of the D with no players around was just asking for someone to try and take it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,278 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Delighted that turned out a draw. What a goal to level it.

enjoy the United game I'm sure plenty here will be wishing you well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Oh what a hit son. Delighted with that but we were shocking all game

I thought the central midfield selection was very negative. This is not the Liverpool team of 2103/14 and shouldn't be treated as such when making team selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Balotelli should have really scored.

He needs to start eating his greens again, lying down all over the show like a big fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Hope Rio was watching, that's the answer to what would Jag do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Where is M!Ck^ off to next?

I want to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hope Rio was watching, that's the answer to what would Jag do!
    Moyes wishing he was still at United, so he could show Rio a video of Jagielka's goal, and tell him that is how it is done.

I don't get it, Rio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

mrsoundie wrote: »

I want to be there.

Basel v Liverpool midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Cannot wait for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ha ha just about to write exactly the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Delighted and a fair result.

Attacking wise Everton need a lot of work for when they play the top teams though.

Balotelli and Markovic not living up to their price tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Delighted and a fair result.

Attacking wise Everton need a lot of work for when they play the top teams though.

Balotelli and Markovic not living up to their price tags

Scored 3 against Chelsea and 2 against Arsenal. What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You can't be moaning about people if you're going to be baiting them before, during and after the matches.

You can't be moaning about people if you're going to be baiting them before, during and after the matches.

Aye the poor dote.

Aye the poor dote.

I'm not saying anything like that. If you call someone out don't be shocked and outraged when they show up.

I'm not saying anything like that. If you call someone out don't be shocked and outraged when they show up.

Don't worry he's turning up anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Obvious M!ck^ is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Ranchu wrote: »
    Scored 3 against Chelsea and 2 against Arsenal. What?

Yeah they played well when they played those 2 teams so they should play more like that not like they did today, I think that's fair to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Think it was a fair result, neither team was good enough to deserve 3 points from that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm just here so he'll thank my anti-Liverpool posts tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So Everton's search for a win at Anfield this millennium goes on.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

monkey9 wrote: »
    So Everton's search for a win at Anfield this millennium goes on.

In the league. I think they won in the cup when Lucas got sent off in probably his lowest point for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

5starpool wrote: »
    In the league. I think they won in the cup when Lucas got sent off in probably his lowest point for the club.

Was that not at Goodison? The one were ITV went on an ad break and missed the goal.

• Obvious M!ck^ is obvious.

Obsessed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Obsessed lol

Obsessed?

I don't think I've ever mentioned you before. You've lost me.

Can you explain please?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

monkey9 wrote: »
    Was that not at Goodison? The one were ITV went on an ad break and missed the goal.

Maybe, although I thought it was at Anfield. I didn't look it up though, so far from sure enough to argue about it. Someone usually obliges with the facts at some point in these discussions, but I didn't get where I am today by knowing facts before saying things on the internet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Fescue wrote: »

You mean the incident when barry was on a yellow and had his arms up around his head in an un-natural position ?
    Thats how I remember it and to me it was an absolute stone wall penalty if you ask me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

You mean the incident when barry was on a yellow and had his arms up around his head in an un-natural position ?
    Thats how I remember it and to me it was an absolute stone wall penalty if you ask me .

It was more a foul compared to the Boro game on Tuesday where Shako was given a yellow card

Both teams should have had a peno. In the 50/50 decisions it came out about 50/50. It was a fair result. Liverpool could have won it but I think they'll have to get used to that sort of result this season without a match winner in their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭toffeeshel

Tell us again about the Lukaku penalty incident

Both teams should have had a peno. In the 50/50 decisions it came out about 50/50. It was a fair result. Liverpool could have won it but I think they'll have to get used to that sort of result this season without a match winner in their team.

I don't think Everton did anything to deserve a point from the game. I think most people would admit they got out of jail.

I don't think Everton did anything to deserve a point from the game. I think most people would admit they got out of jail.

I don't think liverpool at home did much to deserve 3 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

toffeeshel wrote: »
    Tell us again about the Lukaku penalty incident

No one is saying it was not a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Both teams were poor

I don't think liverpool at home did much to deserve 3 either.

Perhaps not but I thought they were definitely the better team. Everton I thought were very poor. I didn't think Everton deserved anything for their performance.

Perhaps not but I thought they were definitely the better team. Everton I thought were very poor. I didn't think Everton deserved anything for their performance.

It was a below par performance without a doubt. Despite that if you take in to account Evertons poor record at Anfied I think you'll agree that there was only one winner there today.

• Advertisement

It was a below par performance without a doubt. Despite that if you take in to account Evertons poor record at Anfied I think you'll agree that there was only one winner there today.

Well I think its a good result for Everton in the circumstances.

I agree 100%

A great result considering they were pretty poor today and were 1-0 down in injury time. Take a point all day long in those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Would have gladly accepted a point before ko and delighted to get a point after watching our poor performance. Liverpool were the better team and should have won. Both teams had a decent shout for a pen so that evens itself out. Both teams were much better last season and both will finish lower in the table this season

Would have gladly accepted a point before ko and delighted to get a point after watching our poor performance. Liverpool were the better team and should have won. Both teams had a decent shout for a pen so that evens itself out. Both teams were much better last season and both will finish lower in the table this season

Hard to argue with any of that

Only seen the second half but I couldn't get over how poor Everton were. If Sturridge plays it's an easy home win, Balotelli was fairly hopeless.

• Obsessed?

I don't think I've ever mentioned you before. You've lost me.

Can you explain please?

4889065.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Terribly boring match, pool probably slightly on top but a draw was a fair result

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Yup. damn straight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

mrsoundie wrote: »

I want to be there.
    8-10 wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this one
    Don't worry he's turning up anyway.
    Obvious M!ck^ is obvious.
    I'm just here so he'll thank my anti-Liverpool posts tbh

That type of ****e there is stupidly embarrassing. Especially considering M!ck gets a warning for fairly tame discussion on the Penalty thing during the game.

Its funny how there's a selective amnesia from certain Liverpool posters acting like a United fan in a LFC match thread is obsessed while casually omitting from memory, the fact that there are a core group of LFC fans that make a point of popping in to every United match thread (Coincidentally that core group is somewhat larger when United lose)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement