Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Everton 27th Sept 12.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Really, that's your best. A silly gif?

You know your wrong. Your reading it wrong also. Correct call, protecting his face.

Ref got it right. And then why Barry raised his hand. There not related.
    You're really stretching with that argument. Blatant peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We badly need to change this, just like every week. I'd love to know what Rodgers is trying to do at the moment.

Except there's no Borini so unless we take Gerrard off there's no way we can change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's a .jpeg.

But I await your argument on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a bad game for the neutral, but the fundamental shortcomings of playing one up front esp when its not Sturridge is there to see.

Disappointed that Hibbert and Barry have not been attacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

klose wrote: »
    Please stop letting lallana take corners

Really is a bizarre decision as to why he is. Gerrard has one of the best deliveries in the game.

Gerrard also delivered in a corner which Lallana ended up getting his head on the end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sturridge playing and this would be over, balotelli is just not getting into the right positions. We look a threat but can't score, if we don't soon Everton will and then they will have something to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

You know your wrong. Your reading it wrong also. Correct call, protecting his face.

You type some amount of sh*te. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Enjoyable first half. I look forward to the next half. I hope to see a goal but if I don't it won't be too bad, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

FatRat wrote: »
    What the f*ck is wrong with those fans? The man could've just torn his hamstring and he's getting jeered.

They were jeering as they expected Everton to give the ball back but Everton had every right to keep the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Gbear wrote: »
    We badly need to change this, just like every week. I'd love to know what Rodgers is trying to do at the moment.

Except there's no Borini so unless we take Gerrard off there's no way we can change it.

We've played pretty well I thought.

Final ball just hasn't been right but we have been knocking on the door. More precision is needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Gbear wrote: »

Kolo on for Markovic and go 3-5-2 with Sterling up top and Lallana in the hole ;)

Howard has done really well.

Protecting his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Henderson and Lallana best for Liverpool. Markovic struggling to adapt to pace of PL I feel but it will come for him.

I didn't realise there were people who had their face located 6 inches above the top of their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

rob316 wrote: »
    Sturridge playing and this would be over, balotelli is just not getting into the right positions. We look a threat but can't score, if we don't soon Everton will and then they will have something to play for.

Balotelli's problems are that he won't chase the ball, expecting them to put it at his feet, then when the everton defenders chase the ball they are getting there first and clearing it,

sturridge on the other hand chases it down and plays it, i really can't wait until he comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Frustrating half, we really do struggle to maintain the early dominance if we don't score early.

Markovic is playing poorly I must admit, and contrary to what I said in the superthread I wouldn't be against Coutinho or Suso coming on for him at HT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Poor game so far neither team really good enough to go ahead. Balotelli has been especially wasteful but Everton have been woeful going forward

Is someone flying a banner over Anfield?

From the Villa match I doubt the tv will show it as it was advertising a strip club in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Why all the talk about the barry handball, there were 2 clear penalties, both the handball by Barry and the foul on Lukaku by Moreno. Poor reffing, but the 2 decisions balanced each other out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Liverpool playing much better than previous weeks. Head and shoulders above Everton at the moment.

Need to make the most of those chances.

Liverpool have been good, but all it will take is lovely a ball to Lukaku and it'll all go arseways.

• Moreno clear peno on lukaku

Moreno clear peno on lukaku

He was protecting his jersey

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The BT sport commentator got it right, all the new guys need time plying together. We're starting to see signs of it today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Another match thread derailed with the usual ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lads said it was a stone wall penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Only seeing them now but both were penalties for me so neither side should feel too aggrieved

Derailed by one person

Only seeing them now but both were penalties for me so neither side should feel too aggrieved

Well if Liverpool one is given Barry would have been off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

except the Barry one should have had him sent off and they should be down to 10 men???? :confused:

• Advertisement

Barry should be off for the handball. No question about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

NukaCola wrote: »
    Derailed by one person

Ah he's entertaining really, all kinds of fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Two wrongs and whatnot.

If one is given then the other incident probably never happens.

It's a bit of comedy tbf

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They were jeering as they expected Everton to give the ball back but Everton had every right to keep the ball

Possibly also as football fans remember bad challenges from before, and he should have been sent off last year for a bad challenge on Suarez in the Goodison game.

Alos, lol at people getting on their high horse with outrage because of fans being glad a threatening opposition player is out of the game. I'm glad Mirallas is out. I certainly wouldn't say I'm happy he's injured, but I really honestly don't care.

I care if Liverpool players get injured, not anyone else unless it is very nasty of course (David Busst style or the likes).

I have to disagree. This was no usual ****e. This was a belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

0-0 written all over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Watching a poor enough stream but Lallana seems to be working hard and helping to create

We seem solid at the back for a change despite Morenos incident but Barry will surely get sent off with the way he's playing. I'd nearly put on Lambert to get on the end of some of the service being provided - Manquillo has had some lovely crosses from the right

Hopefully we see a breakthrough soon

Super-Rush wrote: »

Nah, just in the corner of the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

zarquon wrote: »
    Why all the talk about the barry handball, there were 2 clear penalties, both the handball by Barry and the foul on Lukaku by Moreno. Poor reffing, but the 2 decisions balanced each other out

Because nobody is really arguing that the Everton one wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Balo is trying, but right now he looks like a square peg in a round hole.

In fairness, though, he is filling the Aspas shaped hole in our squad.

Now just wait till he starts taking corners..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

NukaCola wrote: »
    Derailed by one person

Same person as always.

He's gone so far beyond troll it's just a comedy act now

I'm amazed Barry is still on the pitch after that first 10mins. They should target him in the 2nd half and run at him

Rodgers feeling up Eto'o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nah that's just scoreline on the tv. It'll change if a goal goes in

sorry.:(

Screw you Whatawaster.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Same person as always.

He's gone so far beyond troll it's just a comedy act now

I'm amazed Barry is still on the pitch after that first 10mins. They should target him in the 2nd half and run at him

Put sterling on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Stargate wrote: »
    The way both teams are playing at the moment anything is possible , 0-0 or 8-3 , take your pick.
    8-10 wrote: »
    If you're basing it on how both are playing I don't know why you'd suggest it could be 0-0. Both are struggling to keep clean sheets.

Be careful you'l have pedantic pat on your back lol

monkey9 wrote: »
    Nah that's just scoreline on the tv. It'll change if a goal goes in

sorry.:(

It was funnier when someone else said it way before you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well if Liverpool one is given Barry would have been off

I didn't see the game, just got in at half time so fair enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There is no evidence to suggest he was deliberately trying prevent a goal. His reaction was natural if you have something coming towards your face at high speed. It was going know here anywhere.
    The usuals including you taking it out if context and sticking in your 'follow' dig while your at it.

M!Ck^, take it down a few notches please or you will be asked not to post in the thread again and will be banned if you then don't.

Everyone else, get on with the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

5starpool wrote: »
    Possibly also as football fans remember bad challenges from before, and he should have been sent off last year for a bad challenge on Suarez in the Goodison game.

Alos, lol at people getting on their high horse with outrage because of fans being glad a threatening opposition player is out of the game. I'm glad Mirallas is out. I certainly wouldn't say I'm happy he's injured, but I really honestly don't care.

I care if Liverpool players get injured, not anyone else unless it is very nasty of course (David Busst style or the likes).

Jesus what an awful post

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement