Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My water meter is leaking !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Rang IW this morning, they cant send anybody out because I declined to have my data shared with 3rd parties. Girl couldnt say who these parties were and which details would be shared.
    Anyway they know there is a leak at the meter outside my house but cant log a call because I declined to share all my details with 3rd parties.

You: Hi. I've got a water leak, can you send somebody out?
    IW: Certainly sir, what's your address?
    You: That's none of your business.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ha, melter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

Rang IW this morning, they cant send anybody out because I declined to have my data shared with 3rd parties. Girl couldnt say who these parties were and which details would be shared.
    Anyway they know there is a leak at the meter outside my house but cant log a call because I declined to share all my details with 3rd parties.

oh well that explains it. you're one of those people

they offer to send a contractor out and you decline - i hope your house/name will will still be private when its on the news after sinking into a swamp, and we are all laughing at how stupid you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ukoda wrote: »

they offer to send a contractor out and you decline - i hope your house/name will will still be private when its on the news after sinking into a swamp, and we are all laughing at how stupid you are.

There are a good many people reading this now who aren't laughing at what a smart ar5e you are.

IW caused damage to what used to be a perfectly serviceable supply. It doesnt matter a flying **** whether the poster has 'engaged' with them or not, they caused damage, its damn well up to them to fix it.

The subsequent charging regime is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Phoebas wrote: »
    You: Hi. I've got a water leak, can you send somebody out?
    IW: Certainly sir, what's your address?
    You: That's none of your business.
    :rolleyes:

More like this
    IW whats your address
    ME 233 somerset rd
    IW Your Date of Birth
    ME why does the contractor want to know that? I'M married you know !!

Larbre34 wrote: »
    There are a good many people reading this now who aren't laughing at what a smart ar5e you are.

IW caused damage to what used to be a perfectly serviceable supply. It doesnt matter a flying **** whether the poster has 'engaged' with them or not, they caused damage, its damn well up to them to fix it.

The subsequent charging regime is another matter.

i think you missed the point mate, they offered to fix it. OP declined.

Melendez wrote: »

but your assuming alot...

Would you give your date of birth to the contractor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

More like this
    IW whats your address
    ME 233 somerset rd
    IW Your Date of Birth
    ME why does the contractor want to know that? I'M married you know !!

So they want to verify your details before they start digging up the footpath on the word of a randomer over the phone.

Don't tell them anything. That'll show them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think you have IW all wrong, everyone has painted a bad picture of them and now they're trying to make it up to you, they want your DoB so they can send you a card for your birthday but you've ruined the surprise now, well done you!!!

ukoda wrote: »

Thanks for your informative post,

If you would give your date of birth to a stranger for reasons unkown then i am Iam afraid you are more stupid than me :P

Its pretty standard for a utility or any company to ask a customer to verify their details before they action any activity on their account or send anyone out to do work. its highly unlikely they are actually passing this to the 'man in the van'

Stranger? you mean a state agency?
    Reasons unknown? you mean for them to log a call to fix an issue at your house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

kneemos wrote: »
    My tap started leaking after they put in the meter,should I give them a ring?

My kitchen tap started leaking almost immediately after the meter was fitted and the plumber said that it was a result of the fitting of the meter which had introduced sand into the pipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

What data?

Were they requesting a pps number OP?

if I.W caused the leak to begin with, they should be obligated to fix it Imo.

Pps number submitted or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Meters are installed to help make our usage of water more efficient
    This efficiency measure causes an an inefficiency

Simples

Actually, it's not ironic cause water meters are made out of copper.. (probably)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Everyone's in the Country will look like it's leaking. We have had our meter in for years now. They were installed as part of a group scheme where we live and every single one have this water in the chamber. They're not leaking, turn off your mains going into the house and you will not see the dial turning, (provided you don't have a leak between the meter and your mains shut off).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Maybe they want your DOB information to make sure you are actually old enough to own a water meter..... - hahahahahha - maybe if your under 16 its too dangerous :D - i know what you mean though with them asking all the personal questions:

Me: ive got a leak at the water Meter
    Them: can i have your DOB?
    Me: yes its ......
    Them: Thank you, now can I ask what you had for breakfast?
    Me: 2rashers, 2 sausages, egg and toast, no baked beans
    Them: Im sorry because you never had any backed beans you havent passed the test and we cannot come out to fix the leak - sorry! brrrrrrrrr....

Think yourself lucky, my water meter lifted itself up and walked off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

yeah i flipped my lid today and it looks like i got a leak there too, unless its just where rainwater has just got in through the rubber seal around the lid and just pooled at the bottom of the water meter container, wonder why there is not some kind of drainage hole at the bottom of the containers so they dont well up there, all I can think is that if water goes higher and covers the wireless sender would that not short out the battery/electronics of the sender unit (although i suppose the sender units have to be waterproof, surely?) - and what about if that pooled water at the bottom of the container freezes in the winter? heres a pic i took today of it - david bailey eat your heart out :
    9ce3a365-ee8c-4d8e-b639-7f6f53a5bc6e.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement