Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post leaving cert... Where to get a job?

Options
  • 25-09-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I've just done my leaving cert and next year I will be going to college. So I have a full year of doing nothing for now.

Currently I am trying to get a job but finding it very difficult?

My only work experience is working in a cafe for a month in 2011 and volunteering in a charity shop for a year from July 2012 to July 2013.

I've handed in CV's everywhere I can think.. Into hotels, Penneys and whatnot.. But I don't seem to have enough experience for people to want to hire me!!!

Does anybody know anywhere in the town that's hiring at the moment?
    How or where can I get a job?

Any tips for me please, would be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

fedela wrote: »
    I've just done my leaving cert and next year I will be going to college. So I have a full year of doing nothing for now.

Currently I am trying to get a job but finding it very difficult?

My only work experience is working in a cafe for a month in 2011 and volunteering in a charity shop for a year from July 2012 to July 2013.

I've handed in CV's everywhere I can think.. Into hotels, Penneys and whatnot.. But I don't seem to have enough experience for people to want to hire me!!!

Does anybody know anywhere in the town that's hiring at the moment?
    How or where can I get a job?

Any tips for me please, would be much appreciated

The first job is the toughest, target 2 or 3 places you would want to work, and hassle the be jesus out of them. takes some balls, but it will get you a job I promise , also treat looking for a job like a job, put the hours into it .
    Offer to give them a shift free to show how good you are, anything to make you stand out .

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

You won't get any better advice than that.

Advertisement