Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluorescent light

Options
  • 25-09-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I have a faulty Fluorescent light , only one bulb comes on so tried new blub but no good then tried new ballast , same one as in the unit and same fault.

When I swap the wiring from each light on the ballast the opposite light works fine . any help would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Is it an electronic ballast?
    You didnt mix any of the wires up when swopping it out ??
    If you can get a pic up of the ballast diagram somebody will try and help you out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Domymac

Yes it's an electronic T8 ballast, very same model replacement
    wiring very straight forward 2 positives to each bulb and 1 neutral

if i swap the two positives the opposite bulb works.

Its like only 1 output is working but ballast is new

Sorry for the late reply could it be just that you got a bad replacement ballast?
    Strange that when you swap the two live feed to tubes it works :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Domymac

Mystery solved , You were right .After rechecking the wiring diagram i realised 1 wire was in the wrong position.
    id be so pissed off with my self if i wasn’t so happy its working now. the light is the hood of my aquarium tank so hard to replace.

thanks crasy dash for help

Glad you got it sorted :)
    Sometimes just need to re-look at things often been in the same position myself only to realise when you walk away for ten min it jumps out at you when you come back:D

Hope you have it fitted well ,remember i fixed a unit for a pal only for one of the fish to jump in the tank and well it didnt end well:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement