Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible 10k race for weekend of Oct 11/12th

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Was looking for some advice re possible 10k races on the weekend of the 11/12th Oct (3weeks out from marathon weekend).

I know a lot of ppl will be looking to run their last intense session this weekend or raced this weekend in previous years as marathon build up and therefore have experience of the courses on offer etc. From my limited knowledge the following three races are on -

1) Donadea 10 - superbly organised race with a very competitive field. Have raced this in the past and always found it to be excellent. Also ran the 5k during the summer but the new gravel was very difficult underfoot - nothing the race organisers can do about this I presume - is it still the same?

2) molylough 10 (Galway) - any info on this?! Race results from last year does not look nearly as competitive as donadea.

3)roscrea 10k - I know nothing about this?

Are there any other races on that ppl have raced? What are they like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Hoarem wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was looking for some advice re possible 10k races on the weekend of the 11/12th Oct (3weeks out from marathon weekend).

I know a lot of ppl will be looking to run their last intense session this weekend or raced this weekend in previous years as marathon build up and therefore have experience of the courses on offer etc. From my limited knowledge the following three races are on -

1) Donadea 10 - superbly organised race with a very competitive field. Have raced this in the past and always found it to be excellent. Also ran the 5k during the summer but the new gravel was very difficult underfoot - nothing the race organisers can do about this I presume - is it still the same?

2) molylough 10 (Galway) - any info on this?! Race results from last year does not look nearly as competitive as donadea.

3)roscrea 10k - I know nothing about this?

Are there any other races on that ppl have raced? What are they like?

Oct 12 is two weeks out from Dublin. Breaffy 10k(5 km from Castlebar) is on the 12th very well organised and a good course.

Advertisement