Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what age to give cows milk??

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, my son Will ne 1 next month an had been on aptamil numbered 1 formula i never changed him to the next one up as he was happy with the number one and didnt want to be upsetting His yummy...
    Just wondering at what age can i start giving him cows milk and eventually get rid of the aptamil??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I put cows milk in porridge etc at 7 months and at 11 months put one ounce cow into six ounce formula increasing it until 12 months - that was when creche started and they wanted pre-mixed bottles of formula and water so I weaned in preparation

No issues here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I started giving both of mine a sippy cup of warmed cows milk from 11 months. I breasted so I gave it at one of usual feeding times. By 13 months both were only drinking cows milk from a soppy cup.

They were getting it in porridge/weta box since 6 months so I knew neither had a reaction to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

We started with it in his porridge also from about 7 months and by about 13 months his bottles were cows milk only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

we were told by our PHN that we could give our little lad some cows milk from 9 months - but only the full-fat kind, not skimmed or anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

PHN told me cows milk in food from 6 months but not as a drink until after 12 months. Switched straight from formula to cows milk just before or just after (depending on when we finished the box of formula their first birthdays. No mixing etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

Thanks All, i have been putting cows milk into His cereals since bout6/7 months old so i Think he will be ready for the change over for His 1st birthday ,,

Advertisement