Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hell In A Cell 2014 Pre Show && PPV Thread *Spoilers* **no stream requests**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I missed Raw this week, did Orton cost Cena the match, or why are they now in a cage?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Deadlie wrote: »
    I missed Raw this week, did Orton cost Cena the match, or why are they now in a cage?

Did you ever have a group of friends head away for a weekend and you and another friend couldn't go so ye decide to head out to the local just the two of ye instead. Yea it's something like that....

Loughc wrote: »
    Did you ever have a group of friends head away for a weekend and you and another friend couldn't go so ye decide to head out to the local just the two of ye instead. Yea it's something like that....

So it's basically that they were both not booked for anything? Amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In his latest sit-down interview with Michael Cole, Triple H announced that he "would be bringing" the Hell in A Cell to Raw this Monday and that it would be hanging above the ring.
    The main event of Raw will feature Dean Ambrose and John Cena vs. Randy Orton & Kane & Seth Rollins in a handicap Street Fight.

Obviously, the Cell will come into play at some point during the broadcast to help promote the 10/26 PPV in Dallas, Texas.

Raw did a crappy 2.6 rating this week and worse than the week before.

Also remember they did this once:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are they gonna have Ambrose vs a Rollins main event? They have to right? Even though Cena vs Orton is a fresh match and all. I'd love to see Brock ripping the cell door off and destroying Rollins as payback for last time out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Omackeral wrote: »
    Are they gonna have Ambrose vs a Rollins main event? They have to right? Even though Cena vs Orton is a fresh match and all. I'd love to see Brock ripping the cell door off and destroying Rollins as payback for last time out.

Orton v Cena doesn't have to much heat, and it would be a nice little test for Rollins and Dean, no reason for them not to go on last.

Cena will probably beat Orton and I dunno even for someone who doesn't mind Cena, a PPV in the end of 2014 ending with that outcome, eh no thanks. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Eventually they will have a good match with some crowd heat:
    B0Z2O6-IEAIVCUX.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Eventually they will have a good match with some crowd heat:
    B0Z2O6-IEAIVCUX.jpg

I cant stand watching AJ since her return. She seems to have gotten worse in the ring lately and the CM punk chants really get on my nerves.

Overall though, it feels like they've botched this rivalry with the stupid angle they went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

Very weak card in my opinion.

Ambrose vs. Rollins should be ok, and definitely one of the more deserving feuds to have a Hell in a Cell match in recent years, but the stipulation still doesn't fit the WWE's PG environment. It's definitely the stipulation that's been hurt the most by it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Big Show vs. Rusev as well. I don't really care for Big Show at all these days but he did put on a fun match against Rusev last week. I see it being one of the better matches on the night.

I'm still not sure whether I should use Bella vs. Bella or Cena vs. Orton for the toilet break. Maybe both.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Motion118 wrote: »
    Very weak card in my opinion.

Ambrose vs. Rollins should be ok, and definitely one of the more deserving feuds to have a Hell in a Cell match in recent years, but the stipulation still doesn't fit the WWE's PG environment. It's definitely the stipulation that's been hurt the most by it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Big Show vs. Rusev as well. I don't really care for Big Show at all these days but he did put on a fun match against Rusev last week. I see it being one of the better matches on the night.

I'm still not sure whether I should use Bella vs. Bella or Cena vs. Orton for the toilet break. Maybe both.

Well at least if they go for Orton/Cena as the Main Event you can have an early night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

Well at least if they go for Orton/Cena as the Main Event you can have an early night :)

That's true. I sort of hope that gets put ahead of Ambrose/Rollins now, even though that match deserves to end the show.

Looks like I'll be going for the Bellas match then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I love when a PPV falls on a bank holiday!! Get the beers in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Dust Bros. Vs Uso Bros. added to the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Has there ever been a ppv when the title was not defended???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Off the top of my head.

No Way Out 1998
    InVasion 2001
    No Way Out 2007

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Off the top of my head.

No Way Out 1998
    InVasion 2001
    No Way Out 2007

Survivor Series 2001 is another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SligoQueries

Or more recently, Payback 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Money in the Bank sure, nobody had the title to defend it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

been loads of wwe ppvs where the title hasn't been defended e.g first wrestlemania, first survivor series, first rumble up to more recently tlc 2012 and payback in june this year.
    cesaro vs ziggler 2/3 falls match added to the hiac card during last nights smackdown tapings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

1176110_609661055810931_2993075320620760336_n.jpg?oh=b924d7d39e848b3239d92f8208d77df7&oe=54BAD0B6&__gda__=1425259263_c53394ba9517b6b15f7bb9e6c1067f1a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Here is the final full updated card:

-Hell in a Cell Match
    The winner will earn a future shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    John Cena vs. Randy Orton

-Hell in a Cell Match
    Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

-2 out of 3 Falls Match for WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Dolph Ziggler (Champion) vs. Cesaro

-WWE United States Championship Match
    Sheamus (Champion) vs. The Miz w/ Damien Mizdow

-Loser must become the Winner’s personal assistant for 30 days. If they fail to fulfill their duties, they must leave WWE.
    Nikki Bella vs. Brie Bella

-WWE Divas Championship Match
    AJ Lee vs. Paige w/ Alicia Fox

-WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    Stardust and Goldust (Champions) vs. The Usos

-WWE Hell in a Cell Kickoff Pre-Show
    Mizdow TV with Special Guest: The Miz

-Paul Heyman will be a special guest on the WWE Hell in a Cell Kickoff Pre-Show panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    -WWE United States Championship Match
    Sheamus (Champion) vs. The Miz w/ Damien Mizdow
    [...]
    -WWE Hell in a Cell Kickoff Pre-Show
    Mizdow TV with Special Guest: The Miz

God, so Christian can't even make the PRE-SHOW talk segment? Just have Mizdow on twice. I love Sandow but c'mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

2 out of 3 falls is going to steal the show! That's my only prediction!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

$9.99 says the 2 out of 3 Falls Match for WWE Intercontinental Championship will be the 2nd best match after Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins.

Given that Sheamus is now feuding with Miz and Ziggler with Cesaro, is there any chance that we'll have a 4 way unification match soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Given that Sheamus is now feuding with Miz and Ziggler with Cesaro, is there any chance that we'll have a 4 way unification match soon?

i would imagine that rusev will go after and win the us title next so thats probably a no to your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I think the more interesting questikn would be how many ppvs haven't had the champion on it. Their is numerous ppvs were the champion dosnt defend the title but don't know about much about the champion not being there at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was hoping Sandow would get a reign of one of them or the unified title

Sandow has even made Miz tolerable and interesting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Havnt stayed up for a non big 4 PPV in a few years. Have nowt on Monday so might stay up for this, some interesting looking matches.

It kicks off at 12, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah should be 12 as we go back tomorrow and they go back next week, so be 1 hour less between us.

I'll still wait til Monday so can skip through the America F Yeah and Bella matches at least.

Advertisement