Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema now an IMC

Options
  • 26-09-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone been there since the changeover? Any news on prices, and if assigned seating has been removed yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭T L

We were there at the weekend, they still have assigned seating :)

Not sure on the prices, didn't actually check, not sure exactly what the old prices were either though so not sure I could tell the difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Has it been sold, or did he go for a franchise? Will it now get all film releases, i.e. Dispute with distributer ended,,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Has it been sold, or did he go for a franchise? Will it now get all film releases, i.e. Dispute with distributer ended,,?

The two families that owned the company are going their own ways and dividing up the individual cinemas between them. I heard the family that got Kilkenny were the driving force behind the dispute with the distributor, but might be wrong on that. Supposedly they are ending the assigned seating. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I was wondering why the Kilkenny cinema had been removed off the omniplex site. This clears it up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

So if anything the cinema is going to get worse?

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »

Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Urethra Franklin

IMO ditching assigned seating is a good thing, and the distribution arguments were always there when Ward and Anderson were together so it shouldn't go downhill. Went to the IMC in Mullingar once and thought it was good (no cineworld but sure) so we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

They are showing Studio Ghibli films next month, and if you are unemployed it's only €5 to see a film before 5pm.

I never saw the point of assigned seating especially when there wasn't any difference in price no matter where you sat. In addition, the majority of showings were never anywhere near full enough to bother with assigned seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Where does it say there showing studio ghibli?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Where does it say there showing studio ghibli?
    The "Coming Soon" section of the website lists number of their films. Doesn't give schedules for them yet though.
    http://www.imccinemas.ie/coming-soon.asp
    "Spirited Away" 2001,
    "My Neighbour Totoro", 1988

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0048420/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

What happened to the planned one at macdonagh? That dead in the water?

Last I heard the current cinema put in in objection

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

We love studio ghibli films really hope kilkenny shows them but asked the staff when we were going to boxtrolls yesterday and they dont know anything about them so not looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Hey are they still showing the studio ghibli movies ?

Hey are they still showing the studio ghibli movies ?

Jeez, you are cold...warm up a bit and read a few posts above this....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Was in there on Friday, no heating in screens 3 & 4. 6 people including me & the missus watching a movie.
    Are all cinemas in Ireland this bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Was in there on Friday, no heating in screens 3 & 4. 6 people including me & the missus watching a movie.
    Are all cinemas in Ireland this bad
    no kilkenny really is below par.
    I always go to carlow or waterford and i live in kilkenny

no kilkenny really is below par.
    I always go to carlow or waterford and i live in kilkenny

Yeah really badly run

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

I reviewed this cinema recently on tripadvisor and was astonished to see it get positive reviews there. It really is one of the worst cinemas I've ever been to. Carlow and waterford are far superior and its only a fiver in waterford on wednesdays!!
    big screens......heating............friendly staff.....clean seats and great sound......thats a cinematic experince for me. Kilkenny cinema is a portable telly in a barn in comparison ;)

• Advertisement

The staff are pretty bad there too......don't seem interested

The one good thing to come out of this is a reduction in prices. Below are the prices they are charging for a prime time viewing of Gone Girl:

Adult:€8.00
    OAP:€6.00
    Student:€6.00
    Teen:€6.00

It is strange to see there is no 'child ticket'. I presume they would only be €6.00 as well.

Edit: Film is over 16 so that's probably why there is no child ticket.

Strong rumour the cinema owners have bought old cattle mart site to build new cinema. Which will be great to have a decent new cinema in a decent spot.

They are also adding temporary 5th screen in current cinema, no idea where they'd put that though.

Drive in one, in the carpark??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

thelad95 wrote: »
    The one good thing to come out of this is a reduction in prices. Below are the prices they are charging for a prime time viewing of Gone Girl:

Adult:€8.00
    OAP:€6.00
    Student:€6.00
    Teen:€6.00

It is strange to see there is no 'child ticket'. I presume they would only be €6.00 as well.

Edit: Film is over 16 so that's probably why there is no child ticket.
    Is that a reduction? It was €6.70 for an adult ticket before changing to IMC for an afternoon screening (it's €7 now), and did they even have prime time prices before?

However, every ticket is only €5 each if booked online for a Thursday screening

Virtanen wrote: »
    Is that a reduction? It was €6.70 for an adult ticket before changing to IMC for an afternoon screening (it's €7 now), and did they even have prime time prices before?

However, every ticket is only €5 each if booked online for a Thursday screening

Prime time used to be €9 something.

Artists impression of new screen 5.
    875TPN.jpg

Strong rumour the cinema owners have bought old cattle mart site to build new cinema. Which will be great to have a decent new cinema in a decent spot.

They are also adding temporary 5th screen in current cinema, no idea where they'd put that though.
    Surely that site is set for the CAS?

You could be right, I got it third hand, so hardly a wholly reliable source. Time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The CAS isn't going to take up the whole site, plenty of room for a cinema and other things. A cinema would be one of the few viable things I can think of to go in there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement