Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema now an IMC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

The CAS isn't going to take up the whole site, plenty of room for a cinema and other things. A cinema would be one of the few viable things I can think of to go in there.

not at mcdonagh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

pegasus1 wrote: »
    not at mcdonagh?

Did that not get refused planning?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Did that not get refused planning?

by objection from existing cinema owners..

funny thing is they cant object themselves...

but by refusing a new cinema in kilkenny before..they should be refused planning for one in the mart...as it is they are monopolizing cinema trade in kilkenny..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

but by refusing a new cinema in kilkenny before..they should be refused planning for one in the mart...as it is they are monopolizing cinema trade in kilkenny..

They weren't only objection and they didn't turn down the application, the council did. Anyway the ones who applied to build the cinema in mcdonagh could have applied on the cattle mart as well, but they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Seriously? I'd be hard set to name a small county like Kilkenny that has more than one cinema. There's isn't the demand for two.

And why wouldn't the current cinema owners object to another cinema chain coming into the city? Dunnes objected to Tesco, it's business at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Seriously? I'd be hard set to name a small county like Kilkenny that has more than one cinema. There's isn't the demand for two.

And why wouldn't the current cinema owners object to another cinema chain coming into the city? Dunnes objected to Tesco, it's business at the end of the day.

The current cinema is an embarassment. It really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The current cinema is an embarassment. It really is.

I don't see how it's an embarassment - People speak about it like it reflects on Kilkenny poorly but it's a privately owned and operated company. It just so happens to be in Kilkenny.

I've definitely been in worse cinemas which are owned by the same company.

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Seriously? I'd be hard set to name a small county like Kilkenny that has more than one cinema. There's isn't the demand for two..

a lot of peeps travel to waterford or carlow..so yes i'd say there is demand..

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

I know a lot of people that travel to Waterford for the cinema. that kinda says it all if they will travel 40 mins rather than go 5 mins to the one here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I've travelled twice in the last two weekend for the Babadook and The night crawler, neither were on in Kilkenny. So off to carlow with myself.
    It's not the nicest of weather to be driving that distance.
    I would say any serious cinema goer (with a car) ends up in CArlow or Waterford abotu once a month

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

miece16 wrote: »
    I know a lot of people that travel to Waterford for the cinema. that kinda says it all if they will travel 40 mins rather than go 5 mins to the one here

I go to the cinema in Waterford.

I go to the cinema in Waterford.

Does screen one still have that green emergency light shining halfway across the screen? it really affects the 3D picture's focusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Pop corn was lousy the other night, soggy could not eat it.

Does screen one still have that green emergency light shining halfway across the screen? it really affects the 3D picture's focusing...

I don't know if I was in screen 1 or not in the past, pretty sure I have been though. Went to see fury last night in Waterford, nacho combo meal is pricey enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Has to be the worst cinema in Ireland . Their choice in what to show n what not to show baffles me .
    They won't show ready player one , the number one film in America currently . I rang and asked them why and was told they are showing the death wish remake which was critically slammed and flopped in America . It's direct to DVD dung at best

Advertisement