Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many times a day can you be contacted by debtor?

Options
  • 26-09-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I was wondering, legally how many times a day you can be contacted in one day by avant card? I thought regulations had been brought in to control it. I would have thought 6 times a day would be excessive. Though I keep getting an apologies and blaming an auto dialer..despite going through a verbal agreement speel with them each time that says they'll only contact me x amount of times in given period etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It's 3 times a month, though I think mortgage companies recently got extra powers to contact you more frequently. Leaving a message doesn't count as contacting you. Only times when they get through to you.

Write to the company complaining under the consumer credit act. Detail the days and times of each call.

But really why are they contacting you? Have you submitted a financial statement? Have you an agreed payment schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Thanks for your response. I didn't realise unanswered calls don't count. I was late with a payment, first late in a couple of years - but despite talking to them and paying + late fee, it had incurred a 2nd late fee (12 euro) as I had done it through online banking and must have went a day over,and all that side seems to be automated.
    I'm just unlucky that they ring when I'm caught up in work (these seem to be the most frequent) or up to my eyeballs in baby poop - and it takes forever to get through as I haven't had a card or card number since they were MBNA.
    Thanks again

Advertisement