Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 29), Sept 26-30, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Should be a cracker tonight in Richmond Park. 2v1 to Patricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Quick note dfx-, Cork City v Sligo Rovers kicks off at 7.05 due to RTE coverage.

Think we'll get the win tonight, Sligo are missing a good few defenders and possible their keeper. They played the best football I've seen at Turners Cross this year earlier in the season in the 1-1 game, but that was solely down to Ndo controlling the game.

Saying that, its the games against the teams that have nothing to play for that I worry about, cant be complacent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best team I have seen at Cross has been Sligo alright and by some distance. I remember at time thinking of placing few quid on them to win league at time too.

We got soft peno that night.

think we will win tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Best team I have seen at Cross has been Sligo alright and by some distance. I remember at time thinking of placing few quid on them to win league at time too.

I can't understand what happened to them, they ran rings around City that night, really quick slick football.

CHealy wrote: »
    I can't understand what happened to them, they ran rings around City that night, really quick slick football.

Ya even though City could not string pass together, Sligo easily could have scored 5 that night.

Like you im unsure what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Heart is saying we'll win 1-0 and that Waterford will take a point in the RSC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Great time to be playing UCD. They really are in wretched form. We've had a nice few days to recover from our glorious EA Sports Cup victory last weekend so I confidently predict a two goal victory for the entertainers. We're on 99 goals for the season now so expect us to smash through the 100 barrier this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Win for us pretty much guarantees 3rd, expect it to be tight for a while.

No idea what back four will play but Fagan Forrester and Byrne will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Big match in Inchicore tonight. Bolger being suspended is a blow for us, Chambers will probably slot in. Oman is also suspended but if Browne is fit he'll go straight back in. 2-1 for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wexford are the only team that the FD side haven't got a point against or even a goal against. Their 6 upfront stuff takes a while getting used to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Heart is saying we'll win 1-0 and that Waterford will take a point in the RSC!

That would be delightful.
    Can't see Waterford getting anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

dfx- wrote: »
    Wexford are the only team that the FD side haven't got a point against or even a goal against. Their 6 upfront stuff takes a while getting used to...

Now you have the jinx on us :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Beginning to resign myself to not seeing Dean Clarke for the rest of the season.
    Cannot see us even getting a point for the rest of the season. All that's left now is whether we'll go straight down or get a playoff before going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dan1895 wrote: »

If Waterford get anything it'll be purely through Longford's ineptitude.

dan1895 wrote: »

Eyes will be firmly on Bet365 tonight for both games updates! Gutted our bus was cancelled, no way I would have made it to Tolka for the club bus without killing myself en route.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The important match tonight is of course Bohs v Limerick, which will go a long way to deciding mid table supremacy.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

With us winning 4-2 last weekend I hope that is us out of our funk and we go on and hammer Waterford tonight and win our last two matches then!saying that Waterford is never an easy place to go!hoping shels drop points tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Ya even though City could not string pass together, Sligo easily could have scored 5 that night.

Like you im unsure what happened.
    The first 11 we would have had this year would have been good enough to win the league. We do well to get four or five of them on the pitch at the one time though.

Squad wasn't good enough to cope with the ridiculous amount of injuries. Manager was sacked. Some dickhead mate of Paul Cooks came in and decimated the squad. Now we've got a manager in temporarily who's already failed as a manager several times in the league.

Disaster all round.

Oh and it was Spillane who handed ye the point that night. Hes given away more points by himself than any player we've ever had. Quite simply the worst footballer I've seen play for us. And I followed Rovers long before we were a professional outfit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

On my way to my first away game in a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

AgileMyth wrote: »

Oh and it was Spillane who handed ye the point that night. Hes given away more points by himself than any player we've ever had. Quite simply the worst footballer I've seen play for us. And I followed Rovers long before we were a professional outfit..

I remember turning to the guy beside me when Sligo were in Tallaght and saying pretty much the same thing. He was incredibly bad. And i genuinely mean incredibly bad.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The first 11 we would have had this year would have been good enough to win the league. We do well to get four or five of them on the pitch at the one time though.

Squad wasn't good enough to cope with the ridiculous amount of injuries. Manager was sacked. Some dickhead mate of Paul Cooks came in and decimated the squad. Now we've got a manager in temporarily who's already failed as a manager several times in the league.

Disaster all round.

Thought it was soft peno myself but I do remember him looking out of place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How long has 19.07 been a kick off time? :pac: (is anyone else watching saorview - looks like SD upscaled to me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Danny North's penalty record is atrocious. I don't know why he insists on taking penalties.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Oh Shels, never change

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

YES!!!!!!!!

What an odd game, Rovers scored after 4 minutes a horrendous back pass by GOB. We then dominated with rovers showing decent possesion at times in their own half. 2nd half we ran all over them scored and somehow ended out with Rovers actually playing well (albeit hoofing it to 2 up front rather than one) for the last 15 minutes.

Fenlon has some job on his hands tbh.

Weird atmosphere too neither set of fans

We ain't going away.

I may be annoyed with how we play but the character that Cork play with I greatly admire.

Never say die attitude has got us where we are. The league is pretty much going to Louth but least we are making them work for.

Very proud of this bunch. Honest, hard working and getting European football now.

Delighted with the 2nd half effort. Sligo could have been 3 up at half time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

If we played like that all season we would be in the mix
    .... Same old inconsistancy from us though. Few great performances!
    Funstons 2 goals were absolute crackers, complete howler by Cowan let shels in for their second

Longford your welcome!

overshoot wrote: »
    If we played like that all season we would be in the mix
    .... Same old inconsistancy from us though. Few great performances!
    Funstons 2 goals were absolute crackers, complete howler by Cowan let shels in for their second

Longford your welcome!

****e.....it seems you are not as **** as your league position shows.

1st 11 will be needed next week methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

4 more games. Stroll in the park this evening. Towell with our 100th goal of the season followed by yet another Hoban goal. Bring on Athlone.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ****e.....it seems you are not as **** as your league position shows.

1st 11 will be needed next week methinks.

I'm still a bit wary after conceeding 5 in 2 games. In fairness, 3games in 6 days, including a trips to cork and Galway the lads can be forgiven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

4 clear - 2 to go.. wake me up in a month please.

4 clear - 2 to go.. wake me up in a month please.

whoop whoop trips to Longford are back on :D

whoop whoop trips to Longford are back on :D

It is far from over!

Was in Tallaght, so went to the Wexford game with the 5 other Rovers fans at it. Ms. Daly did not impress as a referee, a lot of mixed up decisions between the onfield assistants.

If the Wexford lads were half as good as they thought they were, they'd not be 4th in the FD. Rovers were getting in behind them time after time in the first half with simple passes in behind. A fair bit of showboating in an even game that could have went either way, some of their more frustrated fans were asking for them to play the simple ball.

Cian Kavanagh is a definite talent as was the Rovers striker sub..

• Advertisement

Was in Tallaght, so went to the Wexford game with the 5 other Rovers fans at it. Ms. Daly did not impress as a referee, a lot of mixed up decisions between the onfield assistants.

If the Wexford lads were half as good as they thought they were, they'd not be 4th in the FD. Rovers were getting in behind them time after time in the first half with simple passes in behind. A fair bit of showboating in an even game that could have went either way, some of their more frustrated fans were asking for them to play the simple ball.

A woman.. referee?!

I jest of course..

It is far from over!

Yea you still have to come visit too :p

In a 'x days since we have had an accident on site' style...how long since Harps' last red card? They must be due one or two..

overshoot wrote: »
    Yea you still have to come visit too :p

I hope it is all decided by then..

It is far from over!

Done and dusted. Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Don't give up now Shels, we need a big performance out you against Galway next match :(

Don't give up now Shels, we need a big performance out you against Galway next match :(

If galway beat shels they can leapfrog them I think?

*edit; galway have a game in hand and a better goal difference,if they win their next two games and shels score **** all they can go ahead of them on goal difference!

Hopefully we don't, would much preferred to be paired up against Wexford over Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Fenlon has some job on his hands tbh.

What does that say about Bucko then if the game was evenly matched and we nearly won it at the death and you're only a place above us in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Cant argue with that assessment. For some reason we didn't play to our strengths and fed the ball in to crowded areas. Apart from the time Rovers hit the post, they were never in that game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

flas wrote: »
    If galway beat shels they can leapfrog them I think?

*edit; galway have a game in hand and a better goal difference,if they win their next two games and shels score **** all they can go ahead of them on goal difference!

If we (Galway) win our last 3 games, second place is ours.

We'll be missing our best player (Ryan Connolly) for Shels away though.

If we (Galway) win our last 3 games, second place is ours.

You can also still miss out on the play-offs. ;)

anncoates wrote: »
    What does that say about Bucko then if the game was evenly matched and we nearly won it at the death and you're only a place above us in the league.

:confused: Bucko knows his best 11 and style of play, doesnt need to turn a team of hoofers into expected champions. Hence Fenlon having some job on his hands, be grand tho your signing all of our players as usual......

Has anyone ever seen Mc Phail run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

be grand tho your signing all of our players as usual.....

Bermo will be handy alright.

anncoates wrote: »
    Bermo will be handy alright.

Fagan Forrester and O Brien too.(most under contract for another season your board doesnt seem to grasp that)

What happens Luke Byrne now?

Kilduff and Finn to us is the other rumours. I will wait and see who actually signs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement