Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Visa return

Options
  • 26-09-2014 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

This is my first and hopefully last time dealing with the US embassy for a visa since they have converted to using DPD courier service. My understanding is that after you get the visa they now send it to a dpd depot of your choice. Do they contact you once it arrives there and you pick it up or do you have to keep calling them to see if they have received it.
    Alternatively I see that you can pay to have it delivered to your house but I would prefer it spend as little time out of my hands as possible.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They sent me an e-mail when I could pick my passport up from DPD and that was just in May of this year so I imagine that's what they'll do for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Novella wrote: »
    They sent me an e-mail when I could pick my passport up from DPD and that was just in May of this year so I imagine that's what they'll do for you too.
    Thank you
    Just to update and for reference for anyone else. My interview was Monday morning, got mailing notification on Wednesday and was able to pick it up on Thursday from the depot.

Advertisement