If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Hi-Fi

Options
  • 26-09-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for purchase a hi-fi, can be either be separate system or soundbar but it has to take input from iphone4 and 5. Budget is between €150 - €250 what’s your recommendation on best sounds for my budget?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

logistic wrote: »
    Hi looking for purchase a hi-fi, can be either be separate system or soundbar but it has to take input from iphone4 and 5. Budget is between €150 - €250 what’s your recommendation on best sounds for my budget?
    Hi Logistic,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

You could have a look at the Pioneer XCHM21 at £149.95 / €194.75:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12461-xhm21dab.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab

Have a look and let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me. Does it come with the Iphone dock?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

logistic wrote: »
    Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me. Does it come with the Iphone dock?
    Logistic,

sorry for the delay getting back to you - we are still working on the new website www.richersounds.ie - hence the delay - apologies!

The Pioneer does not come with a dock - many audio products now don't have docks as there are now 2 different types of apple docks and pretty much no products have the old dock and the new dock built in!

On the Pioneer, In addition to a CD player and DAB+/FM tuner there's a front-mounted USB socket. The socket is fully compatible with most Apple portable devices including the iPhone 5 and iPad models. A stand is included and holds your iPod, iPhone or iPad whilst connected so its really simple - you just use your own Apple charge cable straight into the Pioneer and it will play from and charge your phone or Pad. 

If you don't use an Apple product, the USB is also compatible with MP3 and WMA files from USB memory sticks and MP3 players. A 3.5mm input jack at the front offers an alternative way of connecting up your personal device. A conventional analogue RCA phono input at the rear gives the added advantage of being able to connect up a further auxiliary device.

Keep us posted if this is interesting to you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. I went through the same as yourself logistic a month or two ago and went with the Denon DM39 from John. Now it will blow your budget as the DM39 on it's own is over €200 and you'd need to add speakers but it is fantastic. Amazing sound and it has a front USB port that my wife plugs her iPhone into and plays music from YouTube.

It's worth pushing the boat out for.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.