Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill

Options
  • 26-09-2014 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I am signed up for your D/D and get electronic bills. My bill has gone up in last months despite the fact that is was summer and also 1 les in house.
    Your website is down and when I contacted customer services as bill was estimated I was informed I would need to buy key to open box and submit reading!!
    Was told meter was read 4 times a year and next one was Jan.2015 so if it is every 3 months and was not done last 2 bills how come next reading is Jan.
    You must owe me a fortune by now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello sham58107,

ESB Networks endeavours to read a meter four times per year out of six bills, for customers of all electricity suppliers. The remaining two bills are estimated. A bill is also estimated if there is an issue with access to the meter. Any time a bill is estimated, it is recommended that the customer send in a reading themselves to have an accurate bill issued in place of the estimated one. The facility for customers to send in a meter-reading needs to be available so that customers can organise to have ad-hoc bills generated, e.g. when a house-mate moves out. If a customer is in receipt of a series of under-estimated bills also, it is important that they send in a meter-reading to prevent a high "catch-up" bill when the meter is next read by ESB Networks.

If your latest bill seems high and it's an estimate, then it is likely to be an over-estimate, which can be cancelled no problem once the meter-reading is sent to us. We can take meter-readings here on Boards.ie.

We can check your account regarding the next scheduled reading - just private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name, address and telephone number, confirming that you are the account-holder. We can also send you a generic meter-key, with no charge. Sorry for any confusion in terms of the information you received on the call.

Sorry to read also that you had trouble accessing the Electric Ireland website earlier - I have just checked now and it is back up and running.

We are here until 6pm if you wish to send us that private message.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

sham58107 wrote: »
    I am signed up for your D/D and get electronic bills. My bill has gone up in last months despite the fact that is was summer and also 1 les in house.
    Your website is down and when I contacted customer services as bill was estimated I was informed I would need to buy key to open box and submit reading!!
    Was told meter was read 4 times a year and next one was Jan.2015 so if it is every 3 months and was not done last 2 bills how come next reading is Jan.
    You must owe me a fortune by now!
    Well I spoke to another customer service rep who told me the complete opposite of what you have just said that bill was only read twice a year,when I asked to cancel DD he was able to do this but said I would need to contact by email to stop ebilling I told him site was giving problems he again said go out and buy key would cost 2 euro other chap said 7.
    So I said to him would it not be easier to change supplier and he said ok fine.
    So this is what I think I will do,even Vodafone would ask you for reason and try to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again sham58107,

Sorry for any confusion and that you are considering changing supplier. On reading your last message, I checked whether we could send a key out to you and it is possible for us to do so. ESB Networks do aim to read the meter of every electricity customer (of any supplier) for four out of the six bills per year, but may not always manage to read all four if they have issues accessing the meter.

We would need to see your account and view the notes on it to advise in relation to your account specifically. If you send a private message to any of the reps here, it will be picked up ASAP.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement