Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man fined €100 for strangling puppy.

• 26-09-2014 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/watch-chef-caught-on-camera-abusing-little-pup-rosie-30617285.html

Just saw this on the independent. Thoroughly sickening and disturbing, a woman suspected her housemate of hurting her 4 month old beagle puppy, so she recorded in secret when she wad out if the house on her iPad.
    I don't think 100 Euro is a proper fine for this. My son was fined mire for not having his student card on him on the bus. This guy had been abusing the dog by sitting on it, it actually wet itself from fear.
    Why us this evil man not serving a prison sentence? I don't think 100e fine is very rehabilitative.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's shockingly low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

€100????

I'm sure plenty of sick people would gladly pay that to get away with their illegal and immoral thrills.
    He'll do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I don't understand why it would be such a low amount, maybe that's the maximum the law can charge for abusing animals?

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

At least the pups owner had the right idea
    After Louin's conviction, the pup's owner told the Herald she wanted Louin's crime to be publicised so people would know what he did

That'll hurt him more than a small fine

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Karen91

At least with his identity exposed in the media it will make people aware of him and damage more than any 1oo euro fine. This monster should be serving a prison sentence, and I would question the mentality of the anyone who thinks a 100 euro fine is a sufficient punishment especially with clear eveidence that he was torturing this dog, the usual excuse for leniant punishments in cruelty cases is not enough evidnece, he was caught on camera and pleaded gulilty, the view on animal welfare needs to change in this country. At least this person was named and shamed in most cases that does'nt even happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Probably happened before the new legislation came into effect, so the judge's hands were tied?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

There is something fundamentally wrong with some people...

Also the fine is ridiculously low, considering you'll get the same for not having a dog license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

ACD wrote: »
    There is something fundamentally wrong with some people...

Also the fine is ridiculously low, considering you'll get the same for not having a dog license.
    What's an acceptable punishment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

240 hours community service, but picking up dog poo only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

RosieJoe wrote: »
    240 hours community service, but picking up dog poo only.

And without any bags!!!

I'd be banned if I typed what I'd do to that fella if it were my dog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Creeps who start this kind of behaviour with animals can progress on to humans. I'm with Hooked. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

^^^
    Psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory in cases like this, I don't think that any normal person would do such things to an animal. Punishment would depend on the findings of the evaluation.

Advertisement