Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 30th Vs TFI 8pm Benildus

• 26-09-2014 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Existing Players

Cathal - in
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - in
    Derek -
    Derek McL - in
    Jules -
    Keith - In
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in
    Dave -

**new players**

yes there - in
    Bostitch12 -
    kmcattack - In
    allybhoy - In
    Sarge aardvark - In

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In and I thought we were back to the Wesley has there been another home pitch change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

This is another friendly, league kicks off 7th Oct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

in.. Dave is in as well ill get him to post here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Saggart Aardvark

I'm in

Dave here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Existing Players

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek - inj
    Derek McL - in
    Jules - in
    Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd - in
    Dave - work

**new players**

Calvin - in
    Thomas-
    Kieran - In
    alan - In

New Dave - out

Lads I can't make it now. Should be free every tues onwards but just not tonight. Sorry about the short notice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

no worries Dave, Al PM'd earlier.
    Take it easy

See you next week for the season start Dave.

Another friendly tonight guys - so result isn't vital but it'd be nice to put together a decent performance and hopefully start that winning habit again. The Full Irish are a good team but if we perform, we should definitely be targeting a win tonight.

• Advertisement

lads is the pitch af benildus secondary school ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

2-2 draw. Good, competitive game, both teams had chances to win it, them in the first, us in the 2nd.

Sometimes takes us a while to adjust to that huge pitch and they were on top in the middle in the first half, then I think we got to grips with it and had more attacking ball in the 2nd, good tight game. And again good to see really strong performances from new players, and some like Ste playing in relatively new positions. So a very useful match to have under the belt going into the season for both teams.

As for habits we need to cut out, I don't need to say anything: obvious stuff is obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Probably the most competitive friendly game ive ever been involved in and certainly a strange one with two penalties given away, cards and a potential leg breaking tackle....speaking of which i hope you are ok Damo?

...speaking of which i hope you are ok Damo?

Thanks for asking. In a bad way actually. Leg is swollen to f*ck and hurts like hell. I had to leave while i was still able to move it enough to drive so that's why i didn't hang about.

The chap who tackled damo was a wanker I was giving him loads when he came off but since I was being allowed back on couldn't get too vocal with him he said damo made a meal of it

Easy to say that, chap probably had 20 kgs on Damo.

Hope it's not too serious Damo.

Apart from that, it was a pretty competitive game and not what you'd expect from a friendly.

Lads mouthing to the ref, it will absolutely cost us points this season same as last year. He's made his decision just get bloody on with it.

mrDerek wrote: »
    The chap who tackled damo was a wanker I was giving him loads when he came off but since I was being allowed back on couldn't get too vocal with him he said damo made a meal of it

Ah Derek, the one time I'd have actually appreciated your mouthing-off and you bottled it! :pac:

Was on the crutches last night but I'm hopeful once the swelling goes down it'll be okay. It was actually so bad a tackle that it saved me a bit. He was so high that he caught me well above my ankle (which was badly damaged last year). If he had been lower and he got my ankle, I'd probably have retired there and then.

On a different note, we're all teammates lads - I don't think anyone should ever be having a go at a teammate during a game. I don;t care what's happened or what's been said, having a go just makes those around you play worse, not better. We've a long season ahead - let's have each others back at all times and I guarantee we'll all play better and we'll enjoy it more as well.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Ah Derek, the one time I'd have actually appreciated your mouthing-off and you bottled it! :pac:

Was on the crutches last night but I'm hopeful once the swelling goes down it'll be okay. It was actually so bad a tackle that it saved me a bit. He was so high that he caught me well above my ankle (which was badly damaged last year). If he had been lower and he got my ankle, I'd probably have retired there and then.

On a different note, we're all teammates lads - I don't think anyone should ever be having a go at a teammate during a game. I don;t care what's happened or what's been said, having a go just makes those around you play worse, not better. We've a long season ahead - let's have each others back at all times and I guarantee we'll all play better and we'll enjoy it more as well.

I was mouthing off haha just not too animatedly :P

Lads only new to the team but these are just a few of my observations from last night..

Positives.
    Keeper was very good last night and was unlucky with second peno.
    Defence was much better than last week.
    We have pace to burn up front and will definitely do damage this season.
    Mostly a good amount of encouragement from other lads

Negatives.
    Mouthing at the ref...although lets be fair he was a flute.
    We took too much out of the ball when the easy pass was on (myself included),
    Eg:- A few times Player A could have passed to Player B, but instead of passing he actually ran towards Player B with the ball and ran by him thus taking Player B completely out of the game, this happened at least 4 times last night, think we have to trust our teammates more and make the ball do the work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

allybhoy wrote: »
    We took too much out of the ball when the easy pass was on (myself included),
    Eg:- A few times Player A could have passed to Player B, but instead of passing he actually ran towards Player B with the ball and ran by him thus taking Player B completely out of the game, this happened at least 4 times last night, think we have to trust our teammates more and make the ball do the work.

Some very good points there Ally. On the above, I can certainly see what you mean, sometimes when we're on the ball we don't just look up and see a Boardeaux jersey and pass to them if free, seems at times we look to see who it is and then decide whether or not we trust them enough to pass to them. Very much hope I'm wrong on that, but it's been a niggling thought for a while so if there is something in it, we need to eradicate it immediately as that's not how you build trust, which is essential to any successful team.

Advertisement