Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing access

Options
  • 26-09-2014 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just want opinions regarding access as me and my ex are going back to mediation to discuss a change in our mandated agreement.Also im just throwing ideas around and havnt made a decision yet

My question is regarding access, currently i seem my child who is two years old every saturday for the day and then every second weekend is an overnight from saturday to sunday.

Is it selfish or would i look like a jerk to suggest changing it from above to every second weekend from friday to sunday so basically having the whole weekend with them but on alternate weekends?

Im only asking as this seems to be the normal with other parents(but to be fair who can say what is normal and what isnt as each case is unique im sure) inckdung my own brother and sisters with their father and please dont take it as i want less time with my child im just curious as to what people think as it would be more time on the weekends we are together

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Honestly I think that you should hold onto the weekly Saturdays because two year olds have very short memories and the more frequent the visits the better, as they get old that can change.

Maybe ask for both- ask for Friday to Sunday every other weekend and then a weekday afternoon and tea time once a week?

Something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

diveout wrote: »
    Honestly I think that you should hold onto the weekly Saturdays because two year olds have very short memories and the more frequent the visits the better, as they get old that can change.

Maybe ask for both- ask for Friday to Sunday every other weekend and then a weekday afternoon and tea time once a week?

Something like that.

Hi thanks, that ia pretty good idea but i work full time monday to friday so the tea time wouldnt work...i mgiht suggest an evening time but by the time i get off work and get there it might be pretty close to bed time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Hi thanks, that ia pretty good idea but i work full time monday to friday so the tea time wouldnt work...i mgiht suggest an evening time but by the time i get off work and get there it might be pretty close to bed time :(

Yeah that's true.

Don't let go of the weekly contact though, that is really important. Hold onto that, especially at two years old.

Maybe ask for Friday-Sunday alternative weekends, preserve the Saturday but make the Saturday flexible because the custodial parent, especially if working will need and want a weekend with the child...if not working not as much of an issue unless they want to go away or if family is visiting the child?

Advertisement